Need a quick answer please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Toking Sam, May 14, 2013.

1. Hi GC! I was just wondering how long seeds last for, my friend wants to plant 3 every couple months and continue growing after. Because he can buy in bulk for a lot cheaper. Strain is White Widow if that helps

Thanks! :D

2. #2 piepgras, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
    You don't need the seeds to grow, learn how to clone :) I know the edible expiration date is roughly 8-12 months. If you put your seeds in the freezer they'll work for years, but some of them will be lost due to the freezing process, you can also use the fridge.

3. Worry about growing a seed before you five into cloning. You need a basic understanding of how the plant grows and how roots develope first. Seeds last a long long time. Decades. I know a guy who planted a twenty year old seed and that seed grew. It was shit brown mejicanos weed because that's all that was around two decades ago but it did grow. Buying bulk is a smart idea. The only reason I don't buy bulk is because I like trying different strains. Make sure you research that breeder before you buy white widow seeds from them because you don't wanna buy bulk hermaphrodites.

4. I have seeds that are 8-10 years old in my fridge and they are still germinating perfectly. infact I just germinated 25 ready to go outside in a couple of weeks .

I bag them up in 50s with a packet of silica gel. then all the bags go in an airtight container and kept in the top of my fridge

5. don't buy bulk seeds though, it will cost a fortune. buy a stable breed and pick the best male and female and make a load of seeds. you can make thousands from just one plant

6. Personally I put my seeds into individual zip locks by strain, then put those in another zip lock all seperated by strain and put a silica packet in the ziplock. I put the big zip lock in a Mason jar with a silica packet and seal the jar. I also light proof the mason jar and the place it in the crisper drawer of the fridge. 

7. Well he was planning on buying 20 feminized white widow for 80€ but maybe Ill tell him to get random and keep one female and one male seperate to get more seeds? So he can just continue growing right?

8. that's what I do mate. white widow is an old well stable strain, the offspring will be very uniform too. I'm breeding white widow at the moment, well, I'll be pollinating in a couple of weeks