Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

need a quick answer: how long is weed detectable in blood?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by joetheguy, Apr 1, 2013.

1. i'm 5'9" and around 145 lbs and I don't work out much but I have a relatively high metabolism. last time I smoked was Thursday night (or Friday morning) and my test is on Monday afternoon, and before that I smoked daily since about march 5. what are my chances if it's a blood test? I did some googling and got some conflicting information... some sites are saying it's only detectable in blood for 24-72 hours, others say it stays for months... which is it?

and apologies for posting this thread, I know there's the sticky but no one has answered my question yet and I'm getting antsy

thanks for your understanding

2. Well, THC is stored in your fat.
    And you're always burning calories so.
    Idk man.
    Sounds like you're doomed, DOOOMED!!!

3. I think its more likely to be months rather than days. I know it sticks around for longer than most substances

4. 24-72 hours for blood
    Up to a month for urine.

5. What he said^
    But up to two weeks in frequent users.
    Source is erowid.

6. When I was 15 I got a blood and piss test and tested negative after smoking 3 days before. I think you might be alright. just drink lots of water and maybe go exercise.

7. You're going to fail that test OP, no way around it.

8. Is that legit?

9. damn... can you explain? the thing about thc being stored in fat makes sense to me but I'd like to believe that I have a chance. norml says it's 1-7 days so I dunno

appreciate the responses guys

10. You're a frequent user man, you're not going to pass any test in just a couple of days.
    And wait, you said Monday right?
    As in, tomorrow?

11. #11 mambugaw, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013
  12. I've heard that traces stay in your hair forever until you get it cut. Is this true?

13. yep... guess I'll just pray like crazy. thanks for the insight dude

14. How will it stay in your blood for a month, seriously?

It only stays in your piss for so long because it gets stored in your fat...

And a month for a piss test is for a serious heavy user.

15. well right now I'm actually more worried about the blood test I'm taking tomorrow. it's also a piss test but I'm subbing in so I'll likely be fine for that

16. I think it's just up to 90 days.
    But I have heard that you can wash your hair enough, and with different things to wash out the THC and other cannabinoids.

17. Could I ask, if I haven't already.
    What is the test for?
    If for a job, what kind of job?

18. I've heard up to 7 days tho I think its more like half that number

19. I'd actually rather not say, it's not for a job though

what makes you think that?

20. He's not going to pass either way, sadly.