Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need a note from a real doc..

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by stiylp, Apr 12, 2010.

1. I've been considering getting my card. For the past four years, I've had trouble with depression and anxiety, and lately I've had insomnia. I'm in CA. Once I accompanied a friend to get her card and since she didn't have any documentation from a real doctor, she got a temporary 3-month recommendation. From reading through the Medicann site, I discovered that I can go to a free clinic first, and use the note/records from there. We have a health center on campus that's free, so my question is, is it possible to go to the doctor at the student health center? Or is it safer/wiser to see a random free clinic doc?

I don't have health insurance so seeing my usual PCP won't work; and I never really talked to her about anything so my old medical records won't show much.

2. I am almost certain that should work as long as the people at your health center are MD's. I was able to obtain enough medical documentation to get my card in Oregon by going through my universities health center.