Need a new vape, MFLB or Da Buddha?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by coneking1911, Feb 21, 2014.

1. so recently during an intense (and quite horrible) acid trip, my friends grandmother (ridiculous story) confiscated my mflb, and thinking it was his threw it in a dumpster. i don't feel like explaining it all, bu the point is i need a new vape. portability is less of an issue now though. so i was wondering, should i get another MFLB or a Da Buddah? i will be bringing it with me occasionally, but it doesn't need to be used on the go. and as much as i loved the MFLB, i feel like da buddha might be more effective, and it isn't all that much more expensive. so what do you guys think?

2. Night and day difference.   The Buddha will provide you a vapor hit that the MFLB can only dream about doing. 

3. That's like asking Kia vs. Cadillac. 

4. i've never used a vape besides the MFLB, so i have nothin to compare it to lol

5. I had an MFLB that served me well throughout 2012 until I took an indefinite break from weed towards the end of that year.
    About 6 months after 'quitting' I gave it to my younger brother after realizing he had started smoking herb.
    I was going to buy another recently then it dawned on me that I really don't need the portability or stealthiness of the MFLB, so I ended up going with the DBV.

I'm really happy with my decision despite not having tried it yet (I will be very soon!) 
    I read the DBV thread on the FC forums and it definitely sounds like I made the right choice.
    If I ever come across an MFLB for a good price though I'd consider getting one just cos they're pretty awesome in their own right. 

6. I own both. Not exaggerating when I say I don't think I've picked up my MFLB since I got DBV.

7. I used to own a Buddha.   My LSV is now my daily driver, but the MFLB is in the rotation as well.   It has it's place and I pick it up almost as often as my LSV.    There are actually some days that I don't feel like getting hit in the head with a vapor 2 by 4 !!

8. Bro go with da buddha mannnn lol your gunna shit yourself when you hit the thing. its a gift from the vapor gods.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Also I was so pleased on how well da buddha was made i took it apart soon as i got mine just because I like to see how stuff works, and everything is very well made all the wire connections are very professional looking and one cool thing i liked was how you can adjust the heating element very easy if you remove the bottom base and just push up on the two wires that the element is connected to. And by raising the element as close as possible to the top of the heater cover you get a move vapory hit a at a slightly lower temp. I get huge thick clouds over and over agian at 12 noon. And the last thing that i really liked was how much less material im using lol like holy shit ive read peoples reviews that said the da buddha dident conserve tree that well because it gave such big rips... That is a load of bullshit, the only way your not gunna conserve tree is if you smoke one of those tiny bowls that burn your eye brows all the time lol. Then you might jus be using the same amount.

10. I recently picked up da buddha and it's great. Ive been a dumbass and dropped it a few times even and shit, things a beast. Works great nice design, I just need to put a good cleaning on the whip. 

By the way, where do you guys get your extra screens? Is there a good place to order them cheapy online? 

That's not bullshit at all.   With my Purple Days, the stem would only hold .025gr. and that would set me up for a few hours.    With the Buddha (as well as the LSB), I have load 3 times that amount to get some nice rips (Heavier than the PD).   But the bottom line is with both the Buddha and the LSV, my consumption increased about 30% over what the Purple Days provided.     There ARE other vapes that will encourage better efficiency than any of the vapes from 7th Floor.

With that said, though, I wouldn't be without my LSV.   I don't mind giving up a bit of efficiency to use it.

12. Im not comparing the da buddha to another vape im comparing it to actual smoking. I realize there are vapes that conserve better than da buddha. But when you go from being a 7 year smoker that is use to rolling fat ass blunts or packing 3 or 4 bowls at a time its amazing to me that i can just put a pinch of bud that doesent even register on my scale! Lol in this thing and pull out 10 soild monster hits. Somtimes more than that. I fuckin love it i think the high is wayyyy better to. Im done with the lighters.

13. I see what you mean comparing it to the purple days tho. It all jus depends what u want. since this was my first real vape i wanted da buddha so i could still feel them nice big hits and get that crude smoke feeling lol
    Witch it delivers perfectly.

Ah, ok, gottcha.     Yup, my consumption was cut in half when I went from smoking to vaping.    Glad to see that ya made the switch.   Much healthier too.   Use less.   Tastier.    What's not to like, eh?

15. Both, you'll need something like the MFLB when out and about.

16. i think i'm gonna get DBV. i've recently taken up meditating (after the intense lsd experience i mentioned earlier), and i'm looking to use vaping to enhance that. i find that when i vape i don't lose focus the way i do while smoking. my mind wanders in a way i find is beneficial to meditating. but i will be able to focus on the meditation. i've been doing a mix of meditating (wandering mind without trying to focus on any one thing) and contemplating things that, after the lsd trip, i learned i need to work on. and when i vape a lot, it opens my mind up. i personally do not think drugs can make people into better people. but i believe that drugs, such as LSD, DMT, psylocibyn and cannabinoids can help people open their minds and improve themselves. this is pretty much gonna be my main purpose for using marijuana because after that experience i don't ever wanna just get fucked up. nothing wrong with it, it's just not for me. so i want a powerful desktop vape that will blow me away quickly, and portability isn't really an issue. so i think i'll go with dbv. although when i have the extra cash, i think i'll spring for another mflb. it was my first vape after all, and i still have the batteries, charger and the draw tube (very resiny btw) just not the actual box. and i had a lot of good experiences with it, so someday i will have another one. how is the lsv though? i've seen it mentioned a lot but i never really considered it

17. #17 lwien, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014

My favorite vape, especially hitting it through a bong filled with warm water.   Amaaaaazing.......

18. i'll look it up, but is it a whip vape? i want the whip option, and i just like the look of the dbv. and i also heard it gives much larger, thicker hits, which is what i'm looking for. bud conservation is not a huge deal for me, as long as it's more conservative than smoking (which vaping always will be). my friend and i have an inside joke, so whenever we roll joints/blunts we make them .79grams (when we can) and for three weeks in a row, we smoked 5 .79g blunts on saturday nights in 3 hours. it got to the point where we could actually do this and stay awake (the first time we did this, after smoking 5 blunts in 3 hours without opening any doors or windows, we just passed out) and this is when i started to become really introspective (which lead me to psychedelics). so i like big, intense hits, that blast me away lol

19. You can get a whip for it but it kinda defeats what the LSV is all about and that is it's all glass vapor path.

20. yeah, i see how that would kinda defeat the purpose. i like the look of the new black dbv, and i like the hands-free whip option. i'm getting excited just talking about it lol i can't wait. it'll be after a 30-50 day t-break. so when i finally test it out, i'm gonna be blown away