need a new TV series to watch

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by flapjack1439, May 22, 2010.

1. Breaking Bad - TV Shack

2. You watch It's Always Sunny. What more could you ask for?

3. Too true.

4. Most of you beat me to it, BREAKING BAD!!:hello:
    Im about to watch season 5 ep 10 !! best show on right now!!
    IDEAL is a u.k show about a drud dealer, sooo funny.the characters a...whack! lol
    heres a torrent search result for IDEAL:

ideal torrent search

Its a BBC show.

All I can think of right now, so many good shows have been named.

5. +1 for breaking bad.

or futurama.... New episodes coming out in like 30 days or somethinhg

6. What is Breaking Bad about? I might have to look into this...

7. I concure

8. Well since Breaking Bad has already been nominated, I'll throw in some others. But Breaking Bad is about a high school chemistry teacher (Bryan Cranston, the dad from Malcolm in the Middle) who is diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and decides not to leave his family broke so he starts cooking crystal meth. (Don't worry, that's all explained in the first 20 minutes of the show so I'm not spoiling anything). Bryan Cranston does an amazing job playing the part and the shit he goes through is crazy, definitely a good watch.

I'll agree with Dexter, Arrested Development, The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm

Some that haven't been mentioned:

Freaks and Geeks - probably the most underrated show of all time
    30 Rock - just started watching from the beginning, very similar humor to Arrested Development
    Band of Brothers - the best depiction of war ever shot, seriously, a truly spectacular miniseries

9. good thread idea

yea Breaking Bad*** is the best show on right now.

The Wire*** (imo the best show ever made)

The Corner** (oh yea, watch this before The Wire)

over the winter i had netflix and watched all sorts of series

The Tudors*

Nip/Tuck* (i didn't like it at first, watched it because it was my ex's fav show. but i got really into it later in the second season)

Top Gear(always liked it, with netflix i caught a lot of eps i missed)

The Riches* (they didn't finnish it because of the writers strike a few yrs back)

The Sopranos**

Robin Hood*

Sons of Anarchy*

My Name Is Earl

Invader ZIM (its a cartoon, but its fuckin great)

Penn & Teller: Bullshit!

Oh theres a few more that i can't think of at the moment.

10. Dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter dexter

11. Another one like that by the same creators is The Pacific. Pretty similar, but just during the second world war. Its a 10 episode mini series so that might be something worth watching. ITs very well done.

12. I was so pumped for The Pacific. I watched the first 5 episodes and lost interest. I'll definitely finish it eventually and maybe it gets better, but the first half doesn't come close to what Band of Brothers was.

13. #34 nanners, May 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2010
    Watch breaking bad, you wouldn't regret it:). The first couple of seasons of 30 Rock are also pretty good.

14. let's see what shows are coming on soon:
    Burn Notice
    Rescue Me
    Entourage

During Fall:
    Community
    V
    FlashFoward *if not canceled*
    Chuck

just a list of good shows i watch

15. The Pacific and Band of Brothers are about the same war. World War II... Except The Pacific is about the Americans-Japanese part of the war.

Try Modern Family, it's on ABC. It just finished its first season, and I think it's great...one of my favorite tv shows right now.

16. Spartacus
    Nurse Jackie
    US of Tara
    Entourage
    Summer Height High (hard to find but well worth it)

Good luck enjoy!

17. Spartacus. hell yes! ...too bad it might be over..I heard the main character has cancer

Tara is great too

18. Futurama!...I hope its as good as the last...nothing like getting stoned and watching a bunch of these-my type of humor

19. quoted specifically for SOA.

kickass show, going into the third season this fall so you've got the time to catch up. its on FX, i believe.