Need a microscope/Loupe suggestion

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MyDogSmokesWeed, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Hey blades, I'm on my first grow, and about a week into flower. I have now bought 2 different microscopes. The first was 30X and it was crappy and broken. I returned it and bought another that was 60-100X, and you can't see shit. I'm wondering your suggestions on what I should buy. I was just looking at jewelers loupe's, but don't want to have to return another one, and I"m going to need it before too long. If you know a good one to get please let me know your suggestions.

2. I grabbed one off of amazon and it works OK. It was only like ten bucks. It has three settings for 60,80, & 100. Search on Amazon for pocket microscopes.

3. #3 BYOweed, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
  4. I have the one project ice is showing and it works ok but I picked up a digital microscope from amazon that does between 200 to 800 ,it plugs into a usb port and it works much better I clip a leaf of a middle bud and bring it to the computer and it works great
    Amazon.com: 2MP USB Digital Microscope Endoscope Magnifier 40X~800X for Education Industrial Biological Inspection: Camera & Photo
    if you plan on continuing this hobby why not get what you really need, and its fun to publish the cool tricome pics ck out my current grow
    good luck

5. yo ive been wanting to get one of those.....shit looks sweet

6. I hated this one... and the big loupe with LEDs

This was the ONLY one I liked (if anyone wants the others cheap, let me know... but they're crap)

Amazon.com: SE MW10087L Mini Brass Microscope with Illuminator: Home Improvement

I could use that on the plant in the closet, where the first one requires you to take a cutting and put it on a table, no way you'll get it to focus otherwise. This one, you just place it basically on the nug, and move it slightly to adjust focus. Simple and effective.

7. I've got the same HL, it's the only one I use.

My buddy has a 420 scope and I still prefer this little cheap one

8. Noticed that, that's why I quoted you :)

Definitely the best piece out of the 3 main cheap ones (the one pictured, loupe, and ours)