need a little help with harvest time

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by shubbie, Mar 31, 2013.

1. #1 shubbie, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2013
    Due to the unpredictability of life, the passing of my honey's parents, my plants have been ignored.
    Luckily they were in the getto sip, organic soil, auto watering, we have not been here 5 of the last 7 weeks.
    I have read threads of when to harvest;
    one, based on tricom colors, ...........mine are clear / cloudy ...........no amber
    two, based on pistols color and retracting. .......... some are brown and retracting, some are white and growing

These plants are 90 days (yep 90 days) post conversion. I would guess they are ready to be groomed, being totally worn out from life's happenings, I would love some confirmation that they are ready. This being my first successful grow I would prefer not to groom too quickly, They can keep growing if need be, they take no effort the way it is set up.

Thank you in advance for your opinions

Fussy widow to the left, bag seeds ow

Attached Files:

2. Sorry to hear about your family's loss.

As for the harvest time, the trichomes will be the main indicator of ripeness. It all depends on the effect you are looking for. Clear will be almost nothing. Cloudy is more head high. Amber is more body high/couch lock. I get more relief for my back problem with more amber so that is what I go for. Most people (who smoke... Which I do not) go for mostly cloudy/few amber. The ratio that fits your preference will be a matter of trial and error with experience. With that said, I would wait for harvest until you at least ripen the clear ones.

3. Thank you very much, I will let them keep cranking along. We are not in a hurry.

4. Shubbie, beautiful job! At ninety days and judging by your photos they look entirely ripe and ready to me. If they were mine I would harvest them.

Cool and slow on the drying - make sure they have air (don't close them up) until they are dry. Fast drying makes for harsher smoke.

Your hubby will be a happy man. Sorry to hear about the family passing. Again - fantastic job.

J

5. Thank you, we will take a good look at them this weekend. I had told hubby I thought they where ready but was just not sure. Judging by the pistols retracting and brown.

That organic soil is so sweet, no effort in this grow except for reading and learning how to do it. Well buying all the ingredients too lol

Luckily they where self sufficient, they where on their own for almost the entire grow time, except at the beginning.