Need a little help with first bong build

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Lenny420, Aug 5, 2012.

1. I'm looking to purchase all the parts I need in order to build my own bong but, I'm a little confused as to everything that I need.

I've got a budget of around $100 USD but I can put more into it if need be. I want a 3 part system, I think, I'm not sure to be honest. (A sliding bowl/no carb.)

Here's the base I picked out. I know it has a carb but, it looks nice and I can just get a rubber carb stopper, no biggie.

Glass Ice Bong - Spare Parts - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com

I also want a precooler. I think I can figure that much out for myself though.

I did a little research myself but I just seemed to confuse myself more so, a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Just tell me the basic items I need to make the simplest 3 part bong and I'll do the rest.

Thanks in advance.

2. You need a tube, a downstem, and a slide. Then, you can add attachments, like ashcatchers or carbon filters.

3. So, with the bong that I have picked out, all I need is a downstem and a slide? (And a bowl, of course.)
    As long as the joint sizes all match up, I should be fine, correct?

Thanks for the help man.

4. The term slide is another word for bowl. I didn't check the link you provided because I'm on my phone, but yes, those are the three things you need for a bong. Most bongs come with a downstem, but upgrading to a diffused one would be your best bet. Check out soulshine family glass and look at their selection. Good prices for the quality of work. A google search will bring up their site.

5. That bong doesn't have a carb and it already has a downstem and bowl/slide so your all set except for the ashcatcher. Make sure its 14.5mm so it will fit into your downstem.