need a little help with choosing the correct LEDs

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by cheeseaddict, Mar 19, 2013.

1. hi guys, this is my first post, i come to grasscity quite often, however i never really bothered to signup until now.
    anyways, i need a little help choosing the correct grow lights. I am going with LEDs instead of other grow lights.
    One of the main problems is that most of the LEDs suggested around the web seems to apply to people in the US, however i am in europe.
    after some searching around i came to this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apollo-Ligh...1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1363677581&sr=1-1-catcorr

just wanted some of your input, does this look like a good choice? i plan on growing about 2-4 plants at a time. If this isn't a good one, can anyone suggested some LEDs that i can get in Europe, preferably online.

2. problem is that its hard to get your hands on one of those in europe

3. LED in Europe ...? use E bay
    but do let us know what you get

4. Go with HTGSupply.com and check out the 240 X 3Watt LED 7-Band light. I have four and they are amazing. Super low heat. Move them anywhere and any angle.
    [​IMG]

5. The Hans panel is good for coverage. I'm impressed by what I've seen on line with people's grows and I'm impressed with the web site providing things like real wattage and brand (Cree) LEDs used and something like a realistic coverage area (maybe slightly optimistic but only slightly vice just a wild ass lie) for each panel. Most LED manufacturers seem to lie about anything they tell you and really try to tell you as little as possible...but this guy seems pretty straight up. bonsaihero.com
    I know it doesn't look like a lot of watts but coverage is very important and by most way underrated. You can either go with a large panel on a light mover or spinner to cover your area or buy panels to cover the area. His LEDs are quality Cree and that's so much more efficient than the LEDs that most are using in a commercial panel so you need less watts, and still grow good pot while paying a small electric bill. Now these are 3W LEDs so you do need to look at growing shorter plants...2 foot or so at maturity but you don't need a lot of headroom above the plants...so if you space is short this is also an added benefit. If you want taller plants, then I'd take a look at side lighting.

6. #7 cheeseaddict, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
    went with HPS instead :D - cheaper in the short term, only growing 4 plants .. since it was my first grow i figured go easy. So here's my setup:
    - grow room 1~2m3 (will measure it today, dont have a measuring tape yet)
    - 400 watt hps
    - diy with bathroom fan of 85m3/hour (too much or too little?)
    - diy active carbon filter
    - bio nova series of nutrients
    going for an organic grow