Need a little help figuring out what setting I should have my exhaust fan on

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by the123321, May 23, 2020.

1. #1 the123321, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    I have a 32x32 tent that is like 5.5 feet tall which I figure to be around 40 cubic feet. I have the 240w kingbrite quantum board led with the ac infinity 6" fan with filter. The fan has 8 speed settings on it and I run it on setting 1 and it pulls in the sides of the tent a little and keeps the tent around 77f and 60% rh on there. It looks like the first setting is like 44 cfm and setting 2 is like 88 cfm and setting 3 is like 132 cfm on up to the setting 8 on there. I am now thinking I may need to turn the fan up some to make sure it is moving the air in the tent enough to try to prevent mold in the tent on there. I would rather not turn the fan higher than the setting 2 or 3 if that is enough cfm though I definitely do not want mold in the tent on there.

I have read on different websites that say different things about how many times per minute you want to replace the air in the tent with your fan with from 1-3 times per minute or 1 time every 2 minutes on there. How many times per minute do you recommend? How much does the carbon filter reduce the cfm of the fan? Is it like half? I have the filter then a 90 degree turn with a few inches of duct to the fan then a 90 degree turn with a few inches of duct up out the top of the tent. How much do you think that reduces the cfm the fan is doing on the setting it is on?

2. trial and error whatever you think works best I have a 3x3 with a t6 infinity I run it on 3 or 4 for seedlings and early veg up until an hour after lights cut out and 24/7 from mid to late veg until harvest. however different grow environments different requirements. I ran mine on each setting checking temps and humidity every 6 hours or so for several days until I found my sweet spot. I don't know about yours but my cloudline will suck my tent in on itself if the vents are covered and running full blast so be careful there

3. I just went over to 420 for a peek to see if they still done all the comps....
    How many forums are you posting these same questions on lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Thanks. I want to replace the air in the tent at least 1 time per minute with the exhaust fan. I think I have it figured out now. I am running the fan at setting 2 that is listed to be around 88 cfm which I think makes up for the filter and the 2 90 degree turn that are in the tent on there

5. How are you guys doing, I am new to growing, I bought a 8x4 tent 96"x48"x80, I bought an intake fan 8 inches and outtake fan 8 inches as well. For the intake fan should I switch it to 6 inches and get that one instead of the 8 inch fan? Not sure if I bought the correct fans for the size of the tent, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. This is the fan im using IMG_4610.JPG

7. your tent owners manual will tell you how big the holes are. we can't give you that information off of tent length width and height or when its delivered if it fits keep it if it doesnt send it back for a smaller one

8. [​IMG]
    This is the tent measurements. Hopefully it works out I’m using a 1,000watt hps bulb