Need a little help diagnosing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Trip7jim, Sep 11, 2019.

1. So I tested the soil and this is what I’ve got.
    I used 2 separate ph pens
    Ph 5.6
    Ph 5.26
    Ppm 567

I just wanted to add that I tested the meters in distilled water and got a reading of

Ppm 0%
    Ph pen 1-5.9
    Ph pen 2-5.6

I was under the impression that distilled water has a Ph of 7. If so, I guess I’ll have to calibrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Need a little help diagnosing
    Need a little help diagnosing

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Yea calibrate it first. Get some 7.0 and 4.0

4. #44 Trip7jim, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Do I calibrate it on all of the solutions?

Also, the distilled water is a few months old and it’s been opened. Can Ph change over time?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Do not try to ph distilled water. It really wrecks the coating on your ph pen. You need about 200ppm before it is safe to dip the pen in distilled water. Use tap water for rinsing your ph pen. Calibrate to 7 first. Rinse well in tap water and dry.Then to 4.

• Like Like x 3
  6. I just bought a blu lab. Hydro guys showed me. Sonu cal it with the 7.0 than it will go to the 4.0. the pen knows which juice is which. So it's 2 step

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I just follow the instructions on the Bluelab Youtube video. I like Bluelab Ph and Tds meter because a wooden spoon fits through the hole and hangs them in my bucket at perfect height.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice. Yeah so far it's way better than other expensive water proof lol. Used a Oakton and a few others

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I love my Truncheon, but when I switched to Jacks ppm formulas, I needed a more accurate ppm reading. The tds meter is very nice, meausures to 10ppm. With this Jacks, You mix how many ppms you want, then mutiply by 1.67 and add calcinit until target hit. Then you can tweak it out with epsom if you don't want so much N and still need sulphur but not calcium. I do everything with the tds meter. I still use my truncheon to check runoff. It has been a very faithful servant for a long trouble free time.