Need a little help diagnosing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Trip7jim, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Could putting it into soil that was warm in my garage have something to do with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Doubt it I store my dirt in garage and its 95 outside...never had issues with it. My ph issue happened like a month after transplant

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. I checked my ppm and it was at 750. I watered until I got done run off. I’m still waiting on my new Ph tester.

4. Lower leaves turn yellow, brown, they whither and die.

If i thought i had a deficiency every time i yanked dozens of dried up dead leaves off my plants and tried to fix something that didn't need fixing i probably would have quit gardening 30 plus years ago.

Plants do not and are not supposed to look picture perfect.

J

• Like Like x 1
  5. No, no and no.

And no.

J

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Looks to me like nutrient burn, a lot of it could be both hot soil and to much nutrient, so what was the soil used

7. It wasn't until I planted a seed in pure perlite, and after 3 days it started turning yellow, that I realized if I don't do something it will die. Since then I have taken full responsibility for any marred leaf. My record for a perfect auto is 62 days from sprout. Then something always happens.

8. How does this help this thread?

9. didn't know that was a requirement. How does asking the question help? I was responding to jerry's comment on inevitable bad leaves. It would be helpful to read stoned.

10. Since then I have taken full responsibility for any marred leaf. My record for a perfect auto is 62 days from sprout.

“Lower leaves turn yellow, brown, they whither and die.”

I rest my case. Try and grow 4’ across and 4’ high plants indoors (hell - or out) without any dying leaves - I double dog dare you and guarantee you and no one else can do it.

Hint: try growing in a 50/50 mix of both perlite AND vermiculite (exploded mica) - as the perlite drains immediately but by addjng the vermiculite, which holds moisture will also hold the nutrients better than the perlite all by itself while still staying a sterile medium.

We were using this method in ‘86/‘87 under 1,000 watt HPS bulbs and getting explosive growth where you could literally watch the plants grow over a matter of hours hand watering pH balanced hydroponic nutrients multiple times a day - when there was a total of 3 hydroponic nutrient manufacturers available for purchase. I’d leave my house for 4 hours and come back to significant, measurable differences in plant growth - in the matter of hours.

@Bdsnacks - since you’re disagreeing with me you must be saying that it IS a calcium and magnesium deficiency due to pH lockout, - in soil, right?

With zero negativity intended, seriously - i quickly looked back through your posts and see that you are a veggie gardener reasonably recently turned cannabis gardener. My question to you is - when you’re growing your vegetables, IN SOIL, do you add “cal/mag and check and adjust the pH?

These are young vegging plants and the pictures shown show any damaged leaves right at the soil line where the bottom leaves could be very well be either touching the soil or have had Foxfarm nutrients spilled on them. The plants were transplanted just this week into fabric puts and id have to guess, additional fresh soil.

You must think that this fresh soil is deficient in Calcium and Magnesium if you’re disagreeing with me.

Ive never, ever bought a bottle of the “cal/mag” once in well over 30 years of growing Cannabis indoors, (and out) both hydroponically and organically and the product wasn't even manufactured until somewhat recently.

J

11. no thanks, I'll stick to my 100% perlite one gallon bags in hopes of the perfect little 2 oz mainlined auto with perfect leaves past day 62. It's not easy growing small.

12. No I dont. Usually the plants figure it out as long as i give them proper nutrients so i hear ya. And i always thought "weed" should be more resilient than veggies but everyone treats them like babies. Lol

13. But I read alot about ff soil and nutrients and alot comes up with problems if ph is under 6.7 that's all

14. I used to use nutrients - what a total pain in the arse. I used assorted nutrients and went thru the whole pH, ppm blah blah blah for way too many years. Id be a rich man if i had all that money back lol

I discovered organic gardening and had a genius for a teacher - the guy blew me away with his knowledge - and me already having 20 years of cannabis gardening under my belt thought i knew it all already - i was so far off the mark.

He turned me to creating organic soil - organic soil totally based on living compost, vermicompost, peat and a few very basic organic soill amendments. A couple grows with this type of gardening and i gave away all my expensive meters and expensive nutrients. I couldn't even believe i didnt need them anymore - but a properly prepared living organic soil regulates itself.

Thank god because i simply dont have the time for all that stuff any more.

Tap water, no pHing, zero nutrients besides whats in the mix for organic amendments. Keeo the plants moist with the tap water and use the soil over and over again -

It doesnt get any easier and works amazing - and most items for my soil is made from items right on our property. I haven't spent money on soil, had a silly deficiency or checked pH in so many years now.

And i like it like that.

The problems come from folks babying them too much and often trying to “fix” nonexistent issues.

J

• Like Like x 1
  15. I like plants with no issues. I have seen beautiful plants growing outside. I want to duplicate that inside in containers under artificial light. Bad leaves make me feel bad. Especially when I know they are avoidable. I have been very stoned from plants with bad leaves, so no, if the goal is to get stoned, bad leaves are not always an issue. If you want to grow a plant with no issues, bad leaves are a concern. If you don't want to care about bad leaves, just grow in living organic soil.

16. Typical thread getting de railed by dick measuring LOL

Hope the plant ended up bouncing back OP.

17. Lol
    It’s fun to watch.

18. Sorry was trying to get them back on track

19. Mine goes all the way to St. Louie. Carry on.