Need a little help diagnosing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Trip7jim, Sep 11, 2019.

1. IMG_2923.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG

So I just transferred to my fabric pot on Monday and she was in good shape. She seems to have a little deficiency now.

Any help would b appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Let’s get a little more info..

Medium?
    Feeding regime?

3. She also looks very dark green...
    Could be a little heavy on the feeding.

4. The most likely and benign explanation is that you spilled nutrient solution on those leaves.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I'm no doctor, I just play the guessing game becuase I grow in pure perlite so any bad leaf is entirely all my fault, so I chime in and there is wisdom in a multitude of counsel. But since you put a gun to my head and we are only betting for a gram of Fox Farm, I'm going to guess (the first guess before guessing something else) that the rpotting may have put it in a ph change stress. I have seen ph do really crazy things to leaves very fast like overnight. It is often due to a change in peat content. That is if you went from less to more or more to less. Just a first guess. The grower is the one who knows the history and can deduce if it makes sense.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Sure, sorry about that.
    So I’m still in veg under 18 hr light. I’m using fox farm soil w/ 25% perlite, im on fox farm nutes and before switching pots, I would water about 3 cups of water every 2 days, feeding was done every other watering.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Probably switched to something that was hot and your plant is already fell fed.

Just my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  8. I think you might b right. Do u think that I should just water the next couple of times or should I go with my nutes on next water? I generally feed after it’s first water.

9. The reason I don't think it is nute burn, is because nute burn will have a leaf, usually all leaves uniformly, that look like they were perfect, until the very end, and then they just can't take it anymore, and have nowhere to put it, and so the tips get damaged first, but the undamaged leaf looks completely 100% nutralized. The reason I suspect ph in root zone is the new medium from transplanting. Ph damage is hit and miss all over and one of the few you might also find in the middle and it looks like a lot of other leaf damage situations, including burn, spilling. But the main telltale for me was the overnight aspect. No gradual discoloration.

• Like Like x 3
  10. I see. I checked on the plant just before the light went off and it looked like it had spread. It’s in dark cycle now so I can’t snap a picture. It was almost like someone took a paint brush and painted brown on some of the leafs. Very strange

11. So when ur soil is dry ready to water or feed, do this
    Take a large shot glass of soil from ur plant and the same amount of distilled water and put in a cup. Stir around. Than put one meter in and get a reading. Than the other. So that will give u the true pH of ur soil. The ppms will tell u if ur plants are eating ur feeds or if they are hungry. So if I get a reading of 350 or under I feed. If it's over 350 i water. It's just that simple

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Thanks I’ll do that. That is pretty simple. So taking a sample from the top of the soil is ok or should I try and get some deeper in?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Then it gets into the complicated stuff, virus, leaf septoria. The leaf has the P def appearance, and I'm sure you have plenty of P. A sudden shift in ph will lock out the P. Make sure your new water is ph'd properly for your medium. If it was my plant I would be googling and comparing my leafs to the pictures. It often takes me many hours of comparison to make the guess, and the guess is more educated if I know the complete history like only I do. This is a well organized site I like for guessing. I think you download it or something.Marijuana Plant Symptoms and Problems Guide

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thanks bro, I’m going to take a better look at it tonight and do some more research. It’s just weird because it’s a clone off of my last grow which went flawlessly without any deficiencies.

15. As long as u don't disturb roots

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I'm experiencing the same thing right now in veg and I believe it's a ph issue. Reading about using fox farm nutes and soil, ph needs to be around 6.7-6.8 in order for the proper nutrients to be up taken. I raised the ph of the last watering to 7.2 to try and balance out my medium. I did the shot glass test and my ph was 6.3 before. My plant is still growing great so I'm hoping this works and maybe helps you out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. Glad to have you aboard! Can you take a look at my recent post? Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  18. That does help, thanks. I’m waiting on my soil to dry out a little and waiting on a new Ph pen, the one I’ve got now is not working right. It will b here today. Soil should b ready to test tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CalMag deficient from PH lock out?

Sent from my RCT6K03W13 using Grasscity Forum mobile app