Need a little advice on my babies.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by KushKapn1991, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Alright for starters they are just bag seed so that when problems as such arise I don't freak tf out thinking about how much money I've wasted. Checked the NPK as well as PH with a simole aoil tester and all is good. PH is 6.2 and all nutrients read medium-high. I have seen holes all in the plant and spotted a few nasty little mealy bugs camping out. The pest problem is solved and there are no more holes as of today...my concern is the yellowing of the new growth and the spots. I'm of the understanding that this could all be caused by pests but its best to know rather than assume.

The growth has also slowed slightly but I would attribute this to the string of triple digit heat indexes we have had over the last week considering it never eclipsed 85 this year before last week. Anywho any advice is good advice....unless you are the "I'm an expert, you're an idiot" guy.

2. Pics of the issue if you want help

3. These are a few of the pics I have currently taken today. If more are needed they are just a small trek away. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

4. Was getting to that just joined today and had to figure out the extremely simple process lol!

5. The leaves that look the worst are also the oldest the picture of the leaf that is very badly affected is the first 'real' leaf the plant produced....the plants were started from seed at aproximately the beginning of May. Had to LST them because they wanted to shoot up to 4' tall on me within a week and I wanted to get em shorter while I can. They responded well considering I just started LST about a week ago and all of the internodal growth was almost non existent last week.

6. You are so good man, don't even trip. Worst case, I think you may have some thrips. Neem oil or a dishsoap spray should do it. Look online for solutions to get rid of the little boogers.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Nothing is wrong with your ph nor does it have anything to do with LST, just stupid bugs. A majority of your plants look green and pretty awesome!!! Those holes are from pests. My advice would be, whatever you get- keep it organic and use it sparingly

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. I know for a fact I have Mealybugs I've seen the little fuckers hoping around so I got me some insecticidal soap and haven't seen any bugs since....that weren't dead anyway lol I was just overly comcerned with the yellowing and what not I guess...

Sent from my LGL33L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Good job woth the insect soap, Neem oil is also beneficial to the soil and the plant itself as the plant absorbs a bit of it and then next time a bug bites your plant they probably wont take another. Mix 1-2 teaspoons of neem oil, insect soap(natural), optional is one teaspoon of tea tree oil. Mix all that up in a one gallon(3.7 Litre) bucket of water and you wont see bugs for a very long time and reapeat if they come up again.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  10. Definitely need to invest in Neem oil I've read about it everywhere, it will work on soil living little beasties as well right?

11. It works in the soil as long as you do the recipe as I mentioned above and water them with one gallon of the stuff,it also works as a foliar spray for the leaves to get rid of bugs on the branches and leaves. Kills every last bugger.

12. Other than the pest problem the rest of the grow look okay I guess? I plan on just posting a good chunk of pics tomorrow that are a little more revealing of over all quality of the set up....or lack thereof lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Id love to see some pics.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Alright, I'm going to go take a few in a bit. Its not a big professional grow or anything but it's a start. Plan on trying to get this thing down and kind of trial and error this grow and log it and then really go full effort next year with good genetics.

15. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

There is obviously two plants, I have one of them tied down as far as I plan on going and I have been gradually tying it down further and further for about a week now because it had sprung up to about 3' tall the other one had always lagged a little behind in height by about 6" so I waited a little later to start tying it down. Just tied it down 3 days ago and have been gradually working it down. I'm attempting to make the plants kind of circle the fencing around them that way they bush out and fill up the middle. If that makes sense lol but we'll see. I obviously have the said pest problem and I'm sure there are a few different kinds but the one I think is doing the most damage is fungus gnats. I see the little fuckers every time I go out there. We got almost a week of heavy rain in the mornings and hot humid afternoons so its almost like it was meant to be. Luckily though the weather just shows sun shine for the next ten days so I'm going to let the soil almost completely dry then when I water again I'm going to water it with the neem oil and soap mixture I was told about earlier....any way that was lengthy....but any pointers or issues you see so far?

16. PS I had a couple smaller plants I had sprouted a few weeks later but they were so sickly I just pulled them. When I pulled them they had almost no resistance at all as if they had no root system but they had gotten to a solid 6-8" tall before they started showing problems which were after I realized the problem with gnats I was having.....so with all the information I concluded its probably because the gnat larvae have been heavily attacking my roots and the little ones werent quite large enough to fight back, so obviously I need to get rid of them QUICK before my larger two start to lose the fight.