Need a few suggestions on my new set up?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Redskys, Jan 21, 2013.

1. What's up everyone? New the form,but not new to growing.
    I've always grown outdoors. I'm trying to make the move to
    the great indoors. I'm getting ready to start setting up. I'm gonna
    list my equipment and would like to some suggestions on my setup.
    This it:
    1) Virtual Sun: 4x4x78 tent
    2) virtual Sun: 1000w dimmable HPS-MH digital kit
    1100,1000,750,500 watts
    3)Sunlight Supply: 6x24 550cfm Phresh filter
    4)Virtual Sun: 6" inline fan 500 cfm's 3 of these
    1 for my filter and exhaust , 1 for my light, 1 for intake air
    5)HTG Supply: digital cooling controller for fans, light timer,a hygrometer
    6)FOX FARM soil & nutes
    Water ph meters & soil ph meters are these 2 different meters? Also a TDS METER. Now do I need 3 different meters?
    I'm gonna be growing Skywalker Kush, Tahoe OG & Acapulco Gold. SOG methood. Is thier anything I'm leave out , or is thier any equipment I'm missing
    Any opions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. It all sounds great, but you can use less fans. Let me explain. Your exhaust fan, filter fan, and fan to cool the light are all the same fan. The fan installs to the filter, drawing in filtered air. That air then shoots through the light, and out the tent. A tent can be done with one inline fan. Yes, an intake fan helps but unless its hot it is unneeded. What you'll need is circulating fans for within the tent just to circulate air within the tent. Good luck.

3. Thanks Cheese for the input. From what I've read I will need a soil ph meter, a water ph meter, & a TDS meter right.
    Also I have well water which probably won't work right. That's wher the TDS meter comes into play.

4. Never dealt with that. You might want to look that up elsewhere. Maybe in another section here or google.

5. Yea been searching but can't really find much of anything about well water. Maybe someone
    will chime in that does. If not guess I'll be buying bottled water. I'll check back in the morning. Hopefully someone has an answer by then for me.
    Thanks again Cheese for the input much appreciated.

6. TDS = Total Dissolved Solids
    this would measure the strength of ur nute solution but in ur case u would want to test ur well water
    anything over 300ppm is horrible
    u can always use grocery store distilled water in the 5 gal jugs

7. My thoughts on having 3 inline fans was: having one for my filter then exhaust out the tent.
    One for my light using air outside my tent to cool it because I figured I would be getting a lot of heat from my light, thier for be able to get my light closer.
    The third inline fan was only for to help keep temps down. A just in case senecio. I will try the filter - inline fan - light - then exhaust way, on a dry run. To see how temps do.