Need a few quick opinions on flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Rohis, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Should i switch over to 12-12 now? Or wait a week or two for that newer growth to mature?

Not sure what i want to do yet. Maybe im just being impatient. Opinions appreciated.

4x4. 600w in 3 gal

Attached Files:

2. Atleast fill the entire canopy before you flip to 12/12... I would also suggest upgrading to 5 or 7 gallon pots. Everytime I've ran 3 gallon I've regretted it, you have to feed a lot more, water more often and the roots really don't get much room to expand.

Bham

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I was considering the idea. The reason im in 3s is because 4 of those arent feminized. Im predicting 2 males, respectively. It made sense to go with the smaller pots until sex has been shown then possibly transplant the best 4 ladies to larger smart pots

4. How old are they? If you don't veg at least 4-5 weeks with seed plants, they will stretch a lot more in 12/12 and won't start flowering as soon (and often won't be a good quality).

Flowering is hormone triggered. The 12 hour dark cycle affects the hormone production, but so does the maturity of the plant.

Generally, the new growth nodes start coming out staggered (one above the other) instead of parallel (side by side) when a plant has reach sexual maturity and is ready to flip to 12/12.

It it also commonly believed that flipping seed plants to 12/12 before they are mature increases the chances of a hermie by quite a bit. I couldn't say on that because I don't do it. I will say though that the one time I've ever had a hermie was a some plants I switched to 12/12 at a little over 2 weeks.

5. Absolutely agreed. These plants are a couple days over 6 weeks. They may perhaps look younger from a pretty significant defoliation and training i did about 3 days ago to get more light down to the nodes.

6. Its up to you, what strain are u running? are them feminized?

It depends on how big you want your plants, dont forget that they will double maybe triple in size during flower, especially preflower.

7. #7 Rohis, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
    They are kandy kush x skunk and sleestack. Ill do the first 2 weeks of flower with the mh bulb to reduce the stretch. I dont anticipate these plants to get too much taller, just hopefully bush out.

As it stands, ill wait another week and see where we're at.