Need a fast flowering sativa strain

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by motoxer, Feb 13, 2012.

1. hi everyone, so this spring i have everything required to run a outdoor grow, i just need some good advice on strains, and probally a lot of advice later once it starts getting underway. but anyway i would really like to grow a mostly sativa strain because i strongly prefer the head/visual trip of sativa, but the problem is i am up in the upper midwest so i need something that isint going to piss around too much when it come to flower time. it would be ideal if it could be done by mid september but it would probally be ok if it went till the end of september. anyone got any good strain ideas for that long of grow window? it also has to be able to take hi temps and humidity, also low temps thanks

2. Ak-47 should be G

3. Jack The Ripper from TGA Genetics

4. Probably won't find a strain that finishes earlier than purple Maroc. Or you can get GG #3 but they are harder to find and don't come feminized

5. Purple Maroc, or Easy Sativa from Femaleseeds.nl

both early flowerign sativas..will finish before Oct.

6. Check out Super Cali Haze which is a full sativa auto flower which is supposed to finish in 120 days from seed. Durban Poison is also mostly sativa and supposed to finish by mid September

7. Brother Grimm C99 .......................

8. [quote name='"Wharfrat74"']Brother Grimm C99 .......................[/quote]

That's 2 for c99 ;)

9. Easy Sativa.
    Mine are finishing up at the moment (southern hem)
    I started them a bit late but a great strain.

10. You guys are gonna make me grow like 10 plants when I only wanted to do like 4, these are all great ideas, gonna do purple maroc for sure and mabey super Cali haze, will try c99 next year

11. Don't get early pearl or early girl autoflowers are better IMO :( I would love to see someone breed a landrace sativa with an autoflower

12. ... Care to elaborate? Did early girl not perform well for you? I always understood that before autoflowers were popular early girl was many northern gardeners strain of choice, and this is the first negative report I've read on this strain.

13. lowlife auto ak47 (long auto, more a semi-auto in fact, yields 3-4 ozees -or more with more sun-) start in mid april harvest mid/end aug.

14. ^^if it takes 5 months to finish is it worth having an auto ?^^

all you are doing is saving a months time and forfeiting weight that could of come from a photo strain IMO.

for my backyard, they got to be out my mid July or I run risks of having too many plants in flower with my photo strains.

15. [quote name='"Wharfrat74"']^^if it takes 5 months to finish is it worth having an auto ?^^

all you are doing is saving a months time and forfeiting weight that could of come from a photo strain IMO.

for my backyard, they got to be out my mid July or I run risks of having too many plants in flower with my photo strains.[/quote]

The purpose of an auto sativa strain is that people in northern climates or wherever with a short growing season can grow nice sativa buds that normally finish way to late for some areas.

16. or just get a strain bred to flower @ 16 hours. like Timewarp, purple maroc, or thunderfuck.

once you introduce ruderalis , can you really claim it is a sativa?

17. Female seeds easy sativa, kc brains kc33, and dutch passion durban poison or Nirvana seeds Urban Poison might be worth some good choices...

18. Ganja, Go with the Purple Maroc for sure. I have read of a good harvest by late August in Northern OHIO. Have not run them myself but have heard nothing but good things as this thread supports...LOL...

Voo

19. [quote name='"Wharfrat74"']

or just get a strain bred to flower @ 16 hours. like Timewarp, purple maroc, or thunderfuck.

once you introduce ruderalis , can you really claim it is a sativa?[/quote]

This is also something I've often wondered. It's funny how when you browse auto strains, a lot of times it refers to its Indica/Sativa genetics, but doesn't mention Ruderalis. I guess the logic is in the reference to the kind of high the strain produces. Kinda giving Rudy the shaft if you ask me.