need a drum machine

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Mrd00d, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Been looking for a good drum machine lately, mainly one user-friendly & portable.
    Have a Roland SP404 sampler but am still a beat newbie. any suggestions?

2. Sweet, I'll remember that. Thanks.

3. Finding a genuine one is beyond expensive, though. Especially for a newby.

Are you planning on getting a MIDI controller or a sampler like your 404?

4. If you have a Mac, just get Logic. You don't even really need a drum machine if you got Logic.

5. Or Ableton Live! (My savior)

6. I've heard some good things about Ableton, too. My friend was trying to show me how to use it maybe about a month back 'n I was just like, "I think I'll stick with Logic." :laughing:

Looked confusing as all hell. 'Course, some people could say the same shit about Logic, I guess.

You got any of your music up on the internet? I'm always interested in hearing another blades music. :smoke:

7. Yeah, it took me a good month or two to even get the hang of it but once you do, you realize why the hell its so popular and expensive.

Check out my soundcloud, man!

CoopaTroopa - Tracks - SoundCloud

8. #11 gonemadwithmary, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010
    Damn, dude. You got an interesting sound going on. I'm really likin the Biggie Smalls remix on the first page. Trippy as fuck. I'm listening to the Dorian Concept re-work right now. I'll definitely start followin your ass. :D

You should check my shit out 'n see if you like it. Links in my sig.

Lemme know, though. (Maybe on Soundcloud instead of here.. for the sake of not jackin this dude's thread.)

9. Good looks my dude! Im inspired a ton by artists like Afta 1, Onra, Flying Lotus, and Dimlite.

I'll check out your SC right now, man! :)

10. Yoo Coopa just added you on SoundCloud.. Never new so many people on the city had accounts. Really diggin your sound man.

11. Really appreciate it, my dude. I'll be checking your SC out, too. :)

12. Get an MPC... they're dope as fuck

13. Makes me miss my 1000. :(

Not even for functionality. Ableton can do anything an MPC can do, plus much more. I jsut miss that natural, physical, element of producing.

I feel like I'm not really using an instrument, you know what I mean?

Even my MIDI contorllers can't feed my lust for another MPC.