Need a Diagnosis

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Zenzy, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Can someone tell me what is wrong with this seedling?? I know there are picture boards I would just like some personalized advice.

Attached Files:

2. Not sure what is happening... but things to note are: Ditch the solo cups, the seedlings are old enough to be transplanted into a larger container. You may start experiencing root binding. Secondly, if you have not placed drainage holes in your cups... there are many things that could be happening, such as root rot.

It appears that the cotyledons have died, so you should be introducing your seedling to small doses of organic fertilizer.

Your light source should be about a foot away, with a sufficient amount of ventilation.

That's about it, that comes to mind. Get them out of those cups immediately, that's my input.

3. #3 SrGrower, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
     Are there holes in the bottom of the cup? If not then the water is rotting causing root rot.  If you do have holes then to much nutrients is my guess.  If there are no holes then add some and flush the old water out till clean water flows.

4. Well if he's using CFLs then more like 3-4 inches. Looks like root binding/root rot. Let the soil you have them in dry out before adding more water. Its pretty easy to use the weight of them to guide you on watering at that stage. They shouldn't have much weight to them at all once they get dry. It is a weed, so it does okay on low water. Over water is much worse than underwater.

5. Alright thank you guys so much. Definitely gunna transplant and add proper drainage. Also I'm thinking about kelp or bone meal for nutrients. Any opinions on nutrients??

6. I like the Fox Farm selections, has everything you need.

7. Once again nobody noticed the potassium deficiency... Yellowing leaves turning brown on ends necrotic cannabilizing of leaves curling eventually dying off. Purpling of main stems.....Potassium..... What is causing the deficiency is unclear.....could be nutes lockout could be bugs could be not enough mix in media... Answer these questions and you'll find your own solution...