Need a Diag! Up close detailed pics!**New Info**

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Bajhshot, Mar 29, 2011.

1. #1 Bajhshot, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2011
    Two of my childrens are still showing signs of of sickness even after transplanting into less harsh soil. I assumed it was nute burn, but the fox farm I transferred to isnt that potent.

I dont know what it is or what to do, any pointers guys? Got plenty of pics of multiple problem areas and whole photos of the plant. Thanks in advance.

We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil.

What brand and type of soil? Fox Farm Ocean Floor, 35-40% perlite

Indoors or outdoors? Indoors.

What strain? White Rhino (AKA Medicine Man) Is what I was told.

How old are the plants? About 4 weeks, got them 2 1/2 weeks ago, been trying to fix them but before I start nuting I wanted to confirm this wasnt terrible nute burn. Just not sure.

What type of lights and how many watts? TEK 10,000 Lumen t5 fixture from HTG

How far from the lights? 3-6 inches

What is your watering frequency and source of water? I water it with PH adjusted Distilled water at 6.3-6.5 with nutes at 250ppm every other watering, the Nutes are Botanicare ProGro and Liquid Karma

What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Progrow: 3-4-4 Karma: .1-.1-.5

What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? 6.0 PH

What are the temps and humidity in the room? Generally around 75-78.5, humidy average about 35%

What size pots? Gee, I wouldnt know actually these were given to me by a friend. I would say half a quart roughly.

Any bugs? Look real close. They did come from a place that is known for spidermites but it has been sprayed and I spray about 3 times a week, I also spray the leaves with nutes as well because mites and bugs hate humidity.

Any other pertinent info? Thats about it i suppose.

Attached Files:

2. looks like mild root rot. how much do you water/ how do you water? i've had much luck with flusing with a mild H2O2 solution. make sure not to overwater, that would ofcourse make your problem worse.

-shodan

3. Is it really root rot? Thats weird because I havent watered it much, nor overwatered. I usually wait till the pot weighs lightly before watering so I dont think it could be that.

Though I must admit I didnt know it could be flushed with peroxide solutions.

4. need to know your ph

5. First cut those lower stems with discolored leaves. They won't produce bud.

6. i guess im not too for sure on the root rot. but root rot sings usually show in the leaf tips and the leaves in general turn brown and die eventually. the color overall looks a little light in color, it also might be a deficiency, maybe nitrogen. it doesnt look like nute burn anyway. try just a normal flush then fert with a mild solution. is this the only plant with these type of symptoms goin on? underwatering while the roots get a little too dry will cause the root tips to die and sometimes mold. plus if your soil temp is less than 65 or greater that 75ish you will inevitably get some sort of root rot. other side possibility would be toxic salt or ph problems. again try a flush with clean ph'ed water. then see if she stops that browning. good luck

7. I flushed with a mild H202 solution, PH adjusted for 6.5 and lighty nuted with liquid karma and botanicare pro grow. I am foliar feeding once daily with distilled water and a very light mix of karma and grow as well.

The run off for the water was straight 6.0. So I dont think my PH is an issue.

8. The plant looks completely different now that the flush has been done. Thanks. The flush totally did the trick. +rep

9. awesome man. glad to hear that things are better. good luck on future growings :smoke:.

-shodan