Need a chill stoner job.

Discussion in 'General' started by UFO L Ride, Dec 29, 2012.

1. #1 UFO L Ride, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
    I am currently a bus boy and make $10 an hour but my hours are permanently cut back and i now only work one day a week. Being only 18 and in high school i can survive but it blows, i need more bread. What are some chill jobs i could apply for where it wouldnt be unbearable high and not too much hard work is required. If you have a job right now thats not bad let me know cuz im putting out applications tomorrow

2. I'm looking for a new job right now too. I actually also made a thread. I'm thinking about being a delivery boy for piza hut or trying to get a chill walmart job but I don't know. Has to be something inside cuz its cold as fuck here.

3. Preach! I just want somethin indoors where i sit down, and the pays not bad. Dream job

4. Pizza delivering.

Not at a chain place though, find out what local pizzerias pay.
    Most of the time you can make anywhere from $4.50-minimum wage hourly pay, $1-3 per delivery, and you still keep all tips

Not to mention you can blaze and drive.

5. Shit I just got hooked up at a liquor store, stock liquor and sodas get high at work maybe drink a little. 300 a week it's decent

6. Wait, what's 4.50? I thought minimum wage was like 8 bucks

7. I would say apply to another restaurant as a busboy or waiter. Depending on your area, you can rake in way more than $10 an hour as a busboy. When I worked as a busboy, I was making $25 per 8 hour shift plus like $70 in tips on weekdays and $100+ on weekends so it was pretty nice. But other good options are grocery stores or retail stores like WalMart, ShopRite, etc. They often have overnight shifts where you work like 10PM to 8AM and its pretty chill. I would say delivery but in my experience the money usually isn't that good, especially at like large chains like Dominos/Pizza Hut.

But above all, make sure you're focusing on school and have plans for after graduation.

For customarily tipped employees, Federal minimum wage is $2.13 an hour, assuming that the employee makes enough tips to reach at least $7.25 an hour. If not, the employer is supposed to make up the difference.

8. lol way to shoot for the stars man

9. Gas stations?

I don't know man, ' not too much work' is asking a lot, id take whatever I could get. But then again I'm speedy at my current job and get shit done an hour into my shift, so I wait around for customers :p.

10. you lucky bastard. Nice pull mate, that's a cool gig. I work at my mate's auto repair shop. He's an independent, smokes, and allows me to smoke pretty freely away from the service desk. Out pickup up a part, scraping the brake rotors & metal I'm always high, it's pretty cool. :D I'd recommend going to a car dealer. Check out a porter gig, wash cars, pick up customers, drive new cars around with little responsibility. Most don't pay too bad anywhere from 8.00 to 10.00 per hour. Pass the initial piss test and you don't have to worry about a drug test after that, most don't do it because simlpy the dealership has to pay for the testing equipment / procedure & won't spend the money.

11. Pizza places are the best places for stoners. I wouldn't be a driver though. I work at pizza hut and they all complain so much. Also, one got in a car accident delivering a few weeks ago, so he had to take a piss test and got fired):
    I make 8.25 but I'll be making 9.25 in january. No bills so it's chill:)

12. i dont know why people think delivery driver is a good stoner job...i deliver for papa johns right now, just got off a few hours ago and i would never "blaze and drive" especially whilst on the clock. you never know who's house youre delivering to, and people can be creepy. gotta be on your toes. that being said, i love the job sober. i made $53 tonight. cash money bitches! bought me som booze and cigs, feelin good and have a full tank of gas. its just soooooo bad on the car.

13. Golf course.

Assuming your in a location where golf courses are open year round. If you can actually go through with this it will be a job like no other. In my case I have a job in the grounds crew which is exactly where you want to be, most of my time is spent cutting grass on a LARGE mower. My boss tells me where to cut and I'll go do it for hours on end, I smoke when needed as I carry my pipe, weed, and clear eyes on me. It's the most chill job, sit and cut grass while baked and listening to tunes, virtually no one bothers you, not even golfers. Being outdoors is awesome enough, add a little mj and you've got a seventh heaven while making $$$. Be smart and safe while smoking on the job, you don't want to injury yourself or get caught. Good luck in your future endevours my friend.

14. see i live right next to pinehurst, NC which is where the 2014 US open will be held, but its damn near impossible to find a job as anything relating to golf here...even though theres tones of gold courses, theres like 4 in pinehurst, 2 or 3 in southern pines, 2 in seven lakes, probably a few on fort bragg and a few in fayetteville. i know this area of NC is famous for its courses though.

15. do you even want to work? fuck, man! you want a easy, indoor, well-paying job where you can sit on your ass and be stoned... if i were an employer, i'd burst out laughing in your face. :p

i don't know why everyone seems to think delivering pizza is a great job. not only is it horrible for your car, but it's dangerous. just within the last 60 days, two delivery boys were shot and killed near where i live.

16. i wanna work at a shoe store as a side gig

17. Wow, you are severely underpaid. I made 8 an hour plus tips when I delivered pizza. And I'm sorry op no offense but your 18 now maybe it's time to get a big boy job and save the toking for afterwards?

18. As a former pizza delivery driver, I gotta say it doesn't get much better than that for a stoner looking for a laidback job.

19. how so? im a current pizza delivery driver (papa johns) and just dont see how its a stoner job. you have to be cautious constantly whilst on the road, cautious whilst going to the customer's house at 11PM, deal with taking orders over the phone, deal with it being busy as FUCK on a friday night, etc. not really stoner friendly imo

20. I could see that being daunting if you have autism. but for any normal person with 20/20 it doesn't seem too challenging.