Need a book recommendation

Discussion in 'General' started by SomeRand, Sep 10, 2012.

1. I have to pick a novel to write a book report on for an English course. Preferably a novel, it should have a strong message. I love blazing and reading a good book, but I have no idea what book to choose! I need to have my book chosen by tomorrow, so what are some good books that anyone could recommend? I'd like there to be an adequate amount of information online about the book, so well-known literature is preferable.

Also on a related note: what's everyone reading atm? I just finished reading The Grapes of Wrath, it was a pretty powerful book, if you haven't read it I'd say check it out.

:smoke:

2. Super fudge

3. Well I just started reading Game of Thrones. I like it, so far.

4. The Great Gatsby is an excellent one, if you've never read or studied that. It's a quick read, but there's so much to it. And definitely a lot of information online and stuff. I also like A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, To Kill A Mockingbird, All Quiet on the Western Front, Lord of the Flies, Life of Pi, and my personal favorite is The Alchemist.

I also loved The Grapes of Wrath. If you could do Of Mice and Men, that's another good one, but it's pretty short so it might not be acceptable. Not exactly sure how your course is set up.

5. Fear, loathing, las Vegas. Promise you won't be disappointed

6. the hobbit? ehh not an obvious great message but still a good book, fuckin little people man...

7. Thanks for the list, there's a number of books on that list I'll probably read regardless of my report.

I've already read the hobbit.. great book :D

8. I forgot 1984 as well. Very fun read.

9. Nineteen Eighty-Four, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and Infinite Jest would all provide you with plenty of material to write about.

10. The Stranger

11. 50 shades of grey

12. Yeah, F Scott Fitzgerald is always a good choice. The Great Gatsby or even This Side of Paradise.
    Catcher in the Rye is a good staple, and it's actually pretty entertaining to read.
    In high school, two books I liked were One Hundred Years of Solitude and Siddhartha.

13. instant A.

[​IMG]