Need a bit of help

Discussion in 'General' started by Eldar220, Jul 17, 2012.

1. So I'm applying to this liquor store they're putting into a grocery store near my house (separate business) and you have to apply through an email, but the flier in the window just says what positions they need to fill and an email. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with how to word this email? I just really need a new job and don't wanna end up messing up my chances. I'm high and getting myself all worried.. :confused_2:

2. "Hi,

I'm interested in applying for the ___ position at your store. My resume is attached,

Thanks
    ____ _________"

*Resume*

3. I don't even have a resume.. ha
    I've only worked in one other store and that's where I am now.

4. ^^^ yeah, or use Google, I know it's a cliche but Google helped me when writing my graduate school application/resume.

Good luck!

EDIT: write a resume no matter what, put anything there, your hobbies and interests,
    strengths (what you're good at), whatever related experiences you have etc

5. If your having trouble constructing a resume's format, word has templates you can use for resume formats so all you would have to do is just type your information in the blanks.

6. I don't have word... haha
    The only writing program I have on this computer is note pad. That thing is such a pain in the ass..

7. OpenOffice, better than Word and free.

8. If email isn't your strong suit why not just go in and talk to the manager? Just find out when they're in the store and go introduce yourself! Tell them that you felt you could introduce yourself better in person then in an email. If they still want you to do the email then do it, but if not then you can skip it! Plus it'll probably impress them that you took the time to come in rather then just submitting an email like all the other applicants. Good luck! I hope they hire ya!

9. I would, but the store isn't even complete yet. They're opening later this month.