Nebulizer fogger to combat spider mites?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Wasabe, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Long story short, I have a spider mite problem. I was wondering if anyone had ever used a nebulizer fogger and neem oil around the foliage of the plants to combat spider mites?

Seems feasible enough I'd think. Fairly cheap, too, as these nebulizers can be purchased for around $20. I'm gonna get a couple of these and try it out, unless someone else has already tried this and it failed.

2. Goodluck!
    here's an interesting article talking about the use of a nightshade plant spray. I'll use it in the future during veg.
    TLC Home "15 Homemade Organic Gardening Sprays and Concoctions That Actually Work"
    Otherwise my 2nd option if plants were movable would be to spray with a flour mixture that I've seen people use, allowing it to dry and flake off. I thought maybe even just spraying it off, dislodging eggs and mites all together with the flour base.

3. That would also suffocate the mites. Might suffocate the plant too tho but I dont know. I use geranium extract to get rid of my mites in the past.

Current Grow - 400W . Cream 47 . ScrOG

4. My guess is that the flour mix dries relatively quickly, especially with decent air flow. I'd definitely try it if I was in veg just to see whats up. Or..take a fan leaf off and watch it under a scope for a bit and see what happens with the actual mites.