Nearly caught some felonies

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Hashed Out, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Got pulled over on the highway doing 15 over. Soon as I see the blue lights I tell my friend to stash the weed and bong, and next second I smell spilled bong water. So hes trying not to act weird while I'm talking to the cop. Not sure how the cop missed the sack in the car with his flash light.

So he comes back with my ticket, and I sign it thinking I'm home free. He then tells me hes a rooter or some shit and hes going to have his dog smell my car for drugs. I nearly shit on myself but somehow kept cool. He has me and friend get out and put our hands on his guard rail and pats us down for weapons, groping us in the process. Then he comes at my car with a big bad dog and slowly circles the car 3 times with my driver window still open. Were just watching in amazement and fear as the dog walks back to the SUV. The cop comes up and tells us were free to go, shakes our hands, and sends us on our way with a QP in the trunk. And we happened to be in a non medical state at the time.

2. Seems like you handled the situation pretty well.

3. man u guys were very lucky that dog didnt smell that dank. the dog probably wasnt on his game because those dogs can smell a qp a mile away. that QP will taste so much better now. enjoy bro and count your lucky stars.

peace.

4. He had no probable cause to search your car. Either way, nice getting out of there with everything.

5. My neighbor has a ex police dog who is known to circle my yard rapidly when Im smoking

6. [quote name='"Nash92"']He had no probable cause to search your car. Either way, nice getting out of there with everything.[/quote]

He didn't search,I not think they even need probably cause to use a dog

7. [quote name='"TheRealPurp"']

He didn't search,I not think they even need probably cause to use a dog[/quote]

They might. There's a case in the supreme court right now about this.

8. Further information?

9. [quote name='"t3hryan"']

They might. There's a case in the supreme court right now about this.[/quote]

Well I hope they change it because before, and as of now they don't need any probable cause to bring a dog around your car or anything, which is pretty rediculous.

10. I agree. It's pretty much an invasion of your privacy. What's the point of having a 4th amendment if using dogs can bypass it?

11. I hate drug dogs but how does one circling the outside of your car violate your rights?

12. lol they can't just pull somebody over and be like well sir i'm going to cost the state several hundreds into a few thousand dollars, waste a lot of peoples time, my time, your time and bring this drug dog in here, i have no reason to do this at all tho, i just feel like it.

can't pull somebody over for speeding and then bring in a drug dog without proper suspicion

13. [quote name='"ExCriminaL18"']

lol they can't just pull somebody over and be like well sir i'm going to cost the state several hundreds into a few thousand dollars, waste a lot of peoples time, my time, your time and bring this drug dog in here, i have no reason to do this at all tho, i just feel like it.

can't pull somebody over for speeding and then bring in a drug dog without proper suspicion[/quote]

Lol yes they can, I guess you don't know what police can and can't do. Haha

In fact that's exactly what they can do

14. takes a real rebel to drive around with with your filled bong in a non med state.

15. cool story bro

16. damn op, talked your way out of that really well. i know alot of people that would just fold and start crying lol

thats fucking crazy. i bet you smoked a HUGE joint or blunt or bong packing after that experience. i know i would have. then i would have done a good dead to repay karma.

17. I know right!?!

Rule #1 break one law at a time

18. It's just that they're wrong a pretty substantial amount of the time, so a lot of the searches don't actually have probable cause.

It's like polygraphs. Supreme court recognized they're faulty as fuck so anything found out from polygraphs isn't admissible in court

Honestly though, if you're gonna have that much bud on you ever (even in an MMJ state) keep your shit together. Going 15 over with a bong out and a QP in the car? That's just fucking reckless. It's all fun and games to buy a lot of weed and all that, but not to the police