Nearing Harvest Problem(s)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bigtg, Jan 6, 2018.

1. So I am in the 13th week of flower since switching to 12/12 and I am getting close to harvest; the last crop I had I cut at 12 weeks; But it was most definitely to early that I cut it down; this being my second grow I am not entirely sure as when is the right time; I always hear people say to look at the trichs but they still appear the same to me; and not to mention the bud as the weeks go on seem to become more "dry" feeling, But I can definitely say that they are getting firmer with time. As for the white hairs go there are still about 25% white hairs the rest are orange or turning orange. My main concern was with how "dry" the nug felt still attached to the plant, Is this normal for this to happen? Also I am going to upload some photos here shortly after I post this; how much longer would you say from first glance, would you say these ladies have? Thanks :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pics would help

3. Here are the photos

Attached Files:

4. Check my signature.

• Like Like x 1
  5. @bigtg
    [​IMG]
    This was 10 weeks outside actual flower time from Oct 15th to Christmas. Most Indica finish in 8-9-10 weeks. Hybrid with a lot of Sativa can run long at 10-15 weeks but that is for the real skinny finger stuff.
    Fat leafs = short weeks.
    Smell will fall off first if you go past the optimal harvest date. Second the buds will start to loose mass-water content as the plant is done and dying.
    Third actual buds will start to die and dry in place.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  6. What kind of lightning are you using? Are you 100% sure there are no light leaks? I had installed a new milk barn heater the red light indicating it was on was WAY brighter than I thought it would be, I have also had to raise my light a touch with more sativa dominate plants, at what week did your leaves start yellowing an dying off?

7. So judging by your signature, and what brass has said, if it feels dry to the touch its time? I guess these ladies will come down Monday then or is that to long to wait being in the condition they are in ?

8. I am using two 1000w HPS vented hoods, I do have a veg room in the same room separated by a black plastic wall there may be the slightest leak of light but they hadn't changed sex on me so I think I am ok ? And they leaves started turning yellow around wk 11 or 12

9. That may be an alright time to harvest.

• Like Like x 1
  10. without healthy veg to continue to ripen/maintain your plants they will continue to degrade that being said i would figure out what went wrong for the next round...

11. Indoors light leaks can be problematic but In my experience a sudden change-light leak causes the most issues, continued production of white hairs so late in flower has always been a lightning issue for me, I recently was dropping back to 11hrs of light to finish a sativa I didn't notice when I programmed the timer I left it in the "on" mode vs auto 30hrs later I noticed my screw up but she started producing more white hairs a couple days later

12. May ? Do you suggest sooner if possible i will aim for tomorrow but have family over don't wanna kick them out unless I absolutely have to.

13. with two 1000's there is no reason to be lacking density and trichomes which your flower is showing both of. I would chop that, and immediately start with better genetics, and a better more controlled nutrient regime. They really look like they needed some cal-mag bad a few weeks back with the dry crunchy leaves and the purple spots.

14. 13 weeks is an insane amount of time for indoor flowering, I grew some sativa dominant cannabis indoors a few years ago and it took 12...never again.

15. Yeah the genetics are not the greatest got a seed from some medical i got a while ago from a dispensary it was pretty good. And i did not use any bottle nutriets I used subcool super soil and AACT along with top dressings.

16. it shouldn't be lacking anything then, and also i'd aim to harvest in a week maybe, there are alot of white pisils, unless these are foxtail.