NCAA Football 12

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by BGUM926, Jul 19, 2011.

1. So I've been blazing for about the last 7 hours as I tried to get the 2010 Pro Combat uniforms in the new game...yes those ugly ones. Anyways, here I am 7 hours later downloading the demo on PSN and still need to play 4 games on that. And that's only for half the uniforms! For the other half I have to invite 5 people to download the demo. I never play online. I signed up for PSN just to get this stuff. Anyone know anything about this? If I have to is there anyone that I can add as a friend to send this demo to? YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD IT. It's just a like "BGUM926 suggests you download this demo" in your inbox. Anyways, if anyone wants to help me out my PSN handle is the same as my forum one. And yes...this is very intense. 7 hours of smoking/vaping with a little drinking.:metal:

2. is it preety good man im thinking about buying it

3. #3 BGUM926, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011
    It's pretty sweet. I didnt get it last year though so it's like REALLY different to me from NCAA 10. Gameplay is sweet though. I'm mad at the dreadlocks in the game. Only one head has dreads, and WRs and CBs apparently can't have it. Dynasty mode is a little different than it used to be. It seems centered more around the player being the coach this year than in years past where it was more like the player was the team. Road to Glory got a bit of an overhaul (nice to finally see that). You can now play the entire senior high school season of your athlete (up to 11 games if you want). In addition, in RTG you can make a guy that plays 2 positions in HS and he will get recruited by different schools for each position. It's a points system though, kind of like how practice used to be: if you get a tackle/INT/FF/etc. then it gives you X amount of points. The difference is that here those points count towards your scholarship. If you get a total of X points then you will get offered by that school. The points u need depends on your position and how good that school is, for example my guy needs 850 pts to be offered by Oregon. He's at 220 points earned now, and he has already been offered by Florida International and Troy. That's how that works. Anyways...pretty cool game overall. Haven't had time for online anything yet really...downloaded the thing to activate my online account (they give away a code for that this year w/ game purchase) and downloaded roster and that's about it. This is probably way too much information, but this is what happens when I smoke sometimes haha.

Bottom line: 8.5/10
    I will play this a lot. Only complaints are they make it hard to get 2010 pro combat unis and the dreads look kinda crappy and some players can't have them (sorry, but HUGE problem when you play with Miami all the time). Oh yeah, also in Dynasty mode when they have you make your coach he doesn't look very good. Nitpicky? yeah probably, but those coach faces are scary man. As far as in game graphics and replays and such: my mom thought it was real when she walked in on a replay.

4. #4 BGUM926, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
    UPDATE: I got the 2010 pro combat unis...u just download the demo and "share" it with one user on PSN. They don't even have to be your friend lol. You get Miami, Boise State, Alabama, Florida (they don't have the white helmet with the F on it though). I'm assuming I have to play their preset matchups to get the rest.

UPDATE: In addition to above unis you get Oregon State. Also found out about some promotion that GameStop has or had where you get the unis when you buy from them. TCU, Ohio State, Boise State(Home), Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech are the additional unis that you can get only by preordering from GameStop. I'm hoping they'll be available later, but eh...I got my UM one so I'm set.

5. im a graphics hoe . glad to hear it looks good

6. its a solid game. overall the gameplay is nice but it has some issues such as wr's drop way too many passes on the default AI settings. its also very easy to get 4-5 sacks a game and easy to get ints as well.

i havent played rtg mode but apparantly u can get ur player up to a 99 overall midway threw ur freshman season if u allocate ur points the right way. i think thats cheesy.

and the coaching carousel in dynasty mode has some logic flaws from what i hear.

ive enjoyed playing it but it has the typical EA flaws that prevent it from being a stellar game.