NC BILL

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by SpaceMonkey223, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Does anyone know when NC is going medical or legal or when next vote is?

• Like Like x 1
  2. RTP would probably pay to kill any legislation in NC ...
    Glaxo etc....
    last time the vote for legalization was on the floor it was allowed a whole 22 minutes then on to the next thing ... they literally said right there the reason was ( To much Interest!!) LOFL MAN ! said that other things were lore important but the to much interest was like- WTF??

• Like Like x 1
  3. It's so dumb.... I don't see why they can't just figure out like everywhere else...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. when people ( the constituents) get interested to much the politicians back out . 100% opposite of doing their jobs .

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Southern govts have alway been and remain a shitshow. I hope NC will make a move soon but they won’t unless they are forced to.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Speechless. I hear people say weed will be legal in the South in 5 years. Dude medical weed has been legal in California for 30 years. We are as close to being legal as I am to Moscow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. The Cherokee Native American council had led the way on legal pot in NC.

• Like Like x 2
  8. They don't give a shit about Native American then and don't give a shit about them now. The vote is the only way. when they start getting voted out of office over this issue. the rest will come around like a mofo.if you live in a red state. All you have to say is I hate Gay brown and black people and you will take 80% of the vote.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. #9 Oldtimer58, Apr 2, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    The problem with north Carolina is they dont allow citizen sponsered bills on the legislative floor.
    Being a life long NC resident I know that the majority of citizens want at least the ability to legally obtain medical weed !
    My desire along with. Hundreds of thousands of residents is the legal right to grow , purchase and consume weed without fear of legal ramifications .
    There was talk earlier this year about medical weed but our uptight politicians pretty much regulated the bill out of existence.....there were so many rules that to be honest with everyone it would still be easier to obtain illegal weed than jump thru all the hoops that our government put before us to do it legally.
    I just hope before I draw my last breath I'm able to go on to my property and plant my own weed without fear of legal problems.
    To everyone who lives in a State that has legalized marijuanna in some form be it medical or recreational consider yourself extremely lucky and fortunate because I envy each and everyone of you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. It’s the same across the line here in SC. We still had to come there for beer on Sunday until recently.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I remember those dsys here in NC.
    Nothing was open on Sundays.
    Out of respect of religious institutions.
    Then the government relaxed their rules and stores opened up at noon on Sundays after church was done !
    Aaaaahhh the good Ole days !

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. And as usual, SC followed since we don’t lead the way on anything but OD deaths and domestic violence. We shopped in Charlotte on a lot of Sundays until SC couldn’t stand that money leaving every week. SOS with seat belts, motorcycle helmets, tattoos, booze. Even when I was still drinking in the 2000s it always amazed me to walk in a grocery store over there and get beer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. I get it !

In my younger days I worked all over SC .
    Walterboro , Georgetown and Charleston and there were several other towns closer to the border of NC who's names escape me at the moment That was around 1983.
    I always enjoyed going down there !
    The locals I worked with were always very nice !
    I do remember one of the guys who was from Georgetown took me to this place just out of town and there was this piece of land that had this funky structure on it.
    It was a bunch of buildings built in a circle with a gap in between two of the building's just big enough to get a vehicle thru. Each building was a single family house with a front door and a back door and 2 windows one one the front and one on the back. That place has stuck with me all these years because it was so strange looking.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I’m in the upstate SC but Charlotte is “the city” where we went to events growing up. That lowcountry has many interesting places like that being closer to the coast. I’ve spent a bunch of time over in West NC too. Those hills are nice.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hopefully it's federally legal this year.. bill just went to the senate

• Like Like x 2
  16. I saw that on the news this evening !
    One can only hope that by federally legalizing it states like NC will find it easier to legalize .

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I’m truly hopeful and equally pessimistic. Been here, done this, and I’m about exhausted with this fight. I’ll never quit but I’ll believe this bill when I see it turned to law.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. If it's federally legal they can't prohibit just regulate. There ain't a state where alcohols illegal but I've been places with the weirdest restrictions. I'm pessimistic some too.. but I reserve that energy and send out good energy. My yard is gonna be filled with plants if they do.. I'm making the news lol..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. I just heard on the local news that here in NC the law that allows hemp derived products to be sold here is in danger of lapsing and becoming illegal if a new law isn't passed by the end of
    June 2022
    I'm not sure if this change will impact the production of hemp .
    One step forward two steps backwards .
    This is beyond ridiculous !

• Informative Informative x 2