NBG 400W 1lb/plant Challenge-Bioblaz3 Rd.1)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Bioblaz3, Jun 2, 2011.

1. #1 Bioblaz3, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2011
    Hello GC Community:wave:. My name is Bioblaz3 and Welcome to my 400W Jack Herer SCROG grow.

Setup
    Tent made of black-n-white poly w/ 1"pvc frame (LxWxH) 4x2x6.5
    10 gal Rubbermaid container with drilled drainage holes
    SCROG screen is 28" from the floor and 18" above the soil
    Lighting with a 400W Lumatek, medium adjust-a-wing reflector, and Plantmaxx bulb.

Plant and Nutrients
    The strain is Jack Herer :hello: from HGFantaseed
    Plant has been vegged for 2.5 months and is on Day 19 of Flower
    It has been topped many times since its first node (including the first node) and extensive LST has been incorporated.
    ALL growth has been removed below the screen
    The plant is in organic soil (an old horse manure site from back in the 80's. This guy who runs a few community fruit-n-vegetable gardens told me about it. Calls it his "Black Gold". I've seen zucchini's as wide as soccer balls and as long as a 3 yr old grown in the stuff with just hose water). But it ain't perfect.
    Advanced Nutrients 2 part Grow and Bloom formula.
    Fed 16ml in 1 gal Every 2 days since day 7 of veg & Unsulphured Molasses Once a week since the last week of veg.

Pics

Attached Files:

2. HeLoOOO anybody there???
    I have a mystery ailment & I'm hoping SOMEONE o_O...can help me out with.
    See the pics. Also, I noticed Very slight nute burn on a few of my tips and decided to give em day old water yesterday. Prolly gonna do it again today and give em a half gal. feed tomorrow as apposed to the usual 1 gal feed every two days.
    Today is the beginning of week4:) and all is well in Jackies Jungle:hello:

Attached Files:

3. Here are some more canopy shots. It's hard to get a full shot because the tent is 4ft deep and canopy is uneven. You'll notice that in the middle there are some tall colas. These block the back end when I'm trying to get pics for you ghostly guys-n-gals. Enjoy:)

Attached Files:

4. #4 Mr neckle69, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Looking good bioblaz!I'm really interested in the art of scrog!!I'm in need of someone that can explain it to me in depth!and you seem like you know what your doin!!I'm just startin my first crop and I'm goin organic soil from seed with NL#5 x haze mist!!I've heard quite good things about this strain!do you know much about it?:smoke::)

5. #5 Bioblaz3, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
    Thanks. I can't say I've had any experience with that strain but it does share some of the same genetics with Jack. With that said I think you some good genetics. I would check out characteristics of NL#5 and Haze so as to get a picture of what the two might produce or what growers experienced growing them. Here's a start for you.
    NL#5
    Northern Lights #5 cannabis seeds
    Haze
    Haze Strains cannabis seeds

6. Jackie is pretty frosty but I'm on the watch for nute burn right now. I notice my tips.turning yellow so all week she's getting plain water with exception of Friday when she gets molasses. Probably gonna post some pics this weekend. Stay green:)

7. #7 Bioblaz3, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
    It's day 33 of flower and there are some decent sized buds. Looking forward to them gaining weight and getting frostier.

Attached Files:

8. Hey I like what your doing man!Even if you hit 8 ounces of a 400 that would be awsome.
    yyaaa scrogs are awsome.Im not doing a scrog this run just alot of LST .I have to move them around alot.im runing a 6 plants 3000 watt grow in 15 gallon smart pots.I would be happy with 5 onces of each plant :eek:.Good job:wave:

9. #9 Bioblaz3, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
    Thanks man. If I get 4 zips I'd be happy. I hope to someday get 1lb off 1 plant but I understand it probably won't be from this grow. This guy inspired me.
    http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=12653
    The SCOG technique is awesome but it requires a lot of maintenance. Lots of pruning to allow air flow and prevent PM from developing accompanied with everyday training. I hope your indoor goes well and your outdoor even more so.

10. Okay It's Day 37 of flower and everything is going pretty smooth. The smell is amazing. It's like peppery pine cones dipped in gasoline with lemon zest sprinkled on top. Yum :D

Attached Files:

11. looking awesome man.i really want to try a SCROG,but thanks to space and time issues i will have to stick with SOG

12. #12 Bioblaz3, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
    Thanks man. This is a 2x3 chicken fencing screen covering a 2x4 space. I think you should always try to scrog if you have space to get in there and manipulate the plants. Round two for me will be better since with this grow I can't really get to the back of my screen. Notice the uneven canopy. There's a rise in the middle blocking the back of in all the pics. I've had some difficulty the entire grow training the back end of the screen because it friggin 4 ft deep. Bit of more than I can chew due to ambitious design lol.

13. this is a single plant is it not? by the looks of your pictures it looks like it is coming along nicely.

14. Yup it's 1 plant thats been vegged for 10 weeks.

15. by the look of your canopy you're goal will be easily attained. very awesome if you ask me.

16. I dunno bud. If I do I'll be pretty damn proud of myself :D . Thanks for the compliment and encouragement. Any scroggers out there wanna give me their two cents :p?

17. #17 fm1776, Jun 22, 2011
    Ask and ye shale receive. Looks like you out veg'd your space. I also made a few critical mistakes that will wind up costing me yield. But like you said, I see what I did wrong and it will be better next time around.

That problem you have posted pictures of looks more like an unwelcome guest dining on your plant than nute burn. And, if I understood your journal this grow is 100% organic? You would never be able to burn your plant like that from organics. But from some curl on the bud sites it looks like you have used chemicals at least at one point. This would explain that burn. Plus you can see that heat is a minor issue.

I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Overall looks like it will be a nice haul. And, you'll probably nail your next scrog grow.

I'm loving the crystal you can see in some of the pictures. Looks like a glitter bomb exploded to brighten up your pictures.

Nice job on your grow.

18. would say you cant burn them with organics,you can burn the shit out of them with organics I have dun it ;).

19. #19 fm1776, Jun 22, 2011
    Not at all. But the burn would be less pronounced. You would have to seriously over feed them and even then you wouldn't be looking at holes in fan leaves. Maybe you have more than one issue that just appears to be the same problem. But in fact they are unrelated; I don't know. What are you feeding her and how much, that leads you to believe it's nute burn?

In any case it really doesn't appear that your plant is at risk. Overall she looks great. Specially if you consider this is your first crack at scrog. From the pictures, I think you're doing a great job.

20. #20 Bioblaz3, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2011
    The soil is organic but the plant is fed with AN Sensi grow and Bloom 2part chems 16ml in 1gal ever 2days.However for the past week and a half she's been getting 1day old tap. I figured she feed off of the soil till the end. Those problem leaves have been removed along with A BUNCH of foliage. I definitely over vegged maina but it only happened because I was in the moving process 2months in. Do you see veg or flower heat stress? I noticed my largest cola,getting pointy a couple days ago so I moved my bulb to the top of the reflector(adjust-a-wing). However, during veg the surrounding environment was in the high 80's (another reason why I moved) but has been 76 since the start of flower. Thanks for the feedback you are awesomesauce.