NBC's Dateline, CNBC, and ABC's 20/20

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by worknplay, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Just a bump since we are getting closer to the air date for two of these shows.

Friday Jan. 16th, 2008:

• NBC Dateline show on Rachel Hoffman case (tentatively 10 PM Easter; anyone heard if it is airing for certain? Nothing on the dateline site leads me to believe it will not air?)
    • ABC 20/20 on the Charles Lynch case 10 PM Eastern
    Both are supposed to air at the same time, so set those Tivos and be sure to post up some links so people can see them if they missed it!

January 22nd, 2008:

• CNBC special: "Marijuana Inc." 9 PM Eastern

:hello: Mainstream media attention!! :hello:

2. Harvard economist Jeffrey Miron already calculated the costs of marijuana prohibition in the United States. I'd have to look at it again to be certain, but $14 BILLION was the number I recall. :eek:

3. What these specials are gonna do is portray weed as the devil...it will show how terrible of a person racheal hoffman is and it will show how weed ruins young peoples minds etc etc...i dont think anything positive will come out of any of these tv specials...the government runs everything sad to say and if they dont like something airing than the networks wont air it...weed wont be legal soon and not under obama either,he is already under so much spotlight as being the first black president if he decriminilized weed you would hear nothing but white activists bring race into the subject...which sadly happens alot

4. Watch and find out what they say! ;)
    If there is anything resembling journalism with the Rachel Hoffman case, the question of police tactics will be raised, and also if her "punishment" fit the crime. I don't know any REASONABLE person who would think a college kid caught with some marijuana should be subjected to being a pawn in a sting involving weapons. How can those actions possibly be defended? I don't know how law enforcement could come out of this special smelling like a rose, and it certainly begs the question: what ELSE are police doing when it comes to marijuana prohibition enforcement.

5. You're one step closer to realizing how politics works...

If you watched the NatGeo show, it was actually quite the opposite. You have no idea what these other shows will say. The government does NOT run everything :rolleyes: Ever hear of freedom of the press? It's kinda...you know...Constitutionally protected and all.

6. mehhh..
    i don't get these news channels..
    ive anyone manages to come across these over the net at all be sure to post up links! :hello:

7. hopefully this will get a good buzz going around the country. i've been doing what i can to change opinions and get stuff like this viewed. keep on truckin......:yay:

8. It says clearly on the website that it is just being postponed due to the airplane crash in NY.

Thanks for the heads up though.

9. Well said . . . . exposure is the key to knowledge . . .

10. Anyone know if the Charles Lynch story is airing tonight on 20/20? The NORML blog said that it would air either the 9th or 16th at 9PM Eastern. :confused:

11. I have also been looking and cannot find anything regarding 20/20 or John Stossel anyone know anything?

12. 20/20's website sucks. Hopefully the special is better. :D

13. i just checked my guide and it says dateline will be on at 10.

14. yea it was never aired, i'm kinda pissed. they should of changed the guide. i wonder if there going to give it another chance

15. Once they publicy state that the good of the plant outway the bad, I think we can get some acceptance from the anti-christs.

16. Well, the plane crash/survivors is a pretty amazing story. Easy to see why they covered that instead. Hopefully this will still air at a later date. :cool:

17. Excellent. It's good to see that things are starting to change in the public's eye.

18. yea i know. i was mad though so i didn't watch it. glad everyone was safe though