Nautilus inline VS Blaze Perc bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by trisikad, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Ok, so usually, I would suggest the Nautilus to people because it looks like it hits pretty sweet, and looks durable as well, but I'm def. getting a Weedstar Double bubbler this cyber monday, and also saw the blaze tree perc beaker bottom. and Now I'm pretty confused which one to get..

bear in mind that I live in the Philippines, and I've never hit anything with percs. so I can't tell which I prefer, inline or percd.

let's weigh the pros and cons.

Tie:
    both 5mm
    18.8 mm joint
    Ice (doesn't matter, I feel hits become harsher with ice, :confused:)

Nautilus

Pros:
    inline, lotsa holes in there
    Easier to clean ... I think it is. is it ?
    No downstem to break

Cons:
    No free precooler
    shitty bowl. (looks the same as my WS* bowl. retardedly big. lol)
    it looks.... odd

Blaze perc
    Pros:
    Has an Ashcatch/precooler. which I could also use on the double bubbler
    looks like it holds a lot more smoke, not sure if this is a pro, I choke out pretty easy. lol
    looks simple and sexy

Cons:
    the weld on the joint seems weak?
    carb hole (but it comes with a plug. so..)
    no bowl, only the AC/PC
    I've read that percs are a bitch to clean

so that's about it.

any of you guys feel like helping me decide ? :D

Also, How is the drag on these things? which one drags less?

2. [​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

FIGHT!

3. how much money can you spend?

4. About. 70 on gc.....

5. anyone else ?

6. #6 Skunko, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2010
    Its the second week waiting for my nautilus to arrive from grass city so you know what my choice will be. Ive tried those tree percs and they work well. but that carb hole on that bong i don't like (preference) and because that means its weaker glass around it (prone to break). And That ash-catcher on that bong is draggy from what ive seen out of it ( I have the exact same one ).

I would say go nautilus because ive seen milks out of it and it diffuses well, and clears fast.

7. Ive got the nautilus had it for around 4-5months but its broken now, Its a really good bong for the price, feels solid looks great and the diffusion is good ands theres 0 drag but mine broke where the tube meets base and it wasnt 5mm more like 3.5 where it had broken.

Just be careful, glass is glass they all can brake.

8. if I could ask, how'd you break it ?

9. #9 PeaceMan, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2010

This is the weird thing, it survived being droped about a foot off a table on a hard floor (only a small part of the base was broken) but everything else was fine, then a month later my bro placed the bong down on the floor as usual and the entire base just broke off.

Might have been weakened from falling off the table but when i checked how thick it it was where it had broken it defiantly only felt like my other lhs pick ups which are 3.2mm thick.

10. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure not to drop it from 1ft. then. :D Ordered it on cybermonday. extremely stoked. :hello:

11. Enjoy man, make sure you got some iso or somthing because it gets dirty pretty quick.

12. Figured as much, I got a carbon filter with my order. might do the trick. :cool:

13. Great buy, i have an ehle carbon and it makes a huge difference in keeping the bong clean and extra smooth.
    ah i miss my nautilus :(

14. doooood you should have gotten the weed star, its so much better.. it allows for a downstem and for 15 more its a hell of a deal compared to the nautilus... coincidentally i have both the nautilus and weed star getting shipped to me hahah

15. TBH, I kinda wish I did too, Extra diffused downstem, a nicer non-retarded bowl and better diffusion. maybe next time.:cool:

16. yeah :p, if youre realling having second thoughts you could post it on craigslist for 110 and buy the weed star when it comes back in stock :devious:
    haha now im getting too involved. im sure youll enjoy the nautilus regardless:eek:

17. 110 ? It could sell for that much ? :eek:
    yeah I guess I could pass it on to one of my buddies if they ever want a bong. but dude, let me enjoy the thing first before drowning me in buyer's remorse. lol

18. haha, just putting an idea out there for ya in case :eek:
    i posted mine on craigslist for 110 and have a buyer already and its not even here yet :D

19. I just bought the carbon stones myself just yesterday.

Gonna get a GMD disc diffused carbon filter adaptor. cant friggen wait to use that, never have to clean again, and say fuck you to tar and carcinogens.