Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Nausea in the morning?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jhemfl, Mar 9, 2011.

1. I've been smoking everyday for about a year. I used to just smoke at night the first 6 months and ever since I went away to college I smoke all day every day almost. Me moving away to college this past year has also caused me to lose my girlfriend because of the distance.

Ever since the distance became an issue (around last Novemeber) I started getting anxiety because I knew we would eventually break up. This caused me to start smoking all the time. It was the only thing that relieved my anxiety (I could go into detail about the effects that marijuana had on my anxiety and it was wonders but thats a diff discussion).

Ever since I started smoking continuously throughout the day (from morning until I fall asleep) I wake up nauseous. It is actually my morning alarm clock; my stomach. It's nausea to the point where I'm gagging and dry heaving every morning until I light up. I wake up every morning super early and cannot sleep-in at all because of the nausea, I try to fight it and I sit there dry heaving just trying to overcome the feeling. But everyday it does not go away until that first bowl...

I eat VERY healthy because I have been on a diet recently to lose weight (I got the nausea before I started the diet about a month ago) and I only eat cooked meat, vegetables, fruit and milk.

But this nausea is getting almost unbearable. I did some research and some say that extreme anxiety (which I think I have, sometimes I feel trapped in my mind just worrying about little things) will cause the nausea in the morning and a friend of mine said it's probably the marijuana. I'm just trying to figure out how to overcome this feeling of nausea without having to smoke in the morning.

2. Sick in the morning? Maybe someones pregnant...

Nah, really, sounds like you've got some issues in life you need to deal with. If you're just starting college, make sure to be on top of all your work, and at the same time socialize. If your life is pretty stable, that should help your anxiety. Who knows, you might find a new girlfriend that won't be long distance.

As for the mj, you could probably use a t-break. If you really think weed is the only thing that can help your morning nausea, maybe just gradually smoke less. Make it so the only time you smoke is in the morning, then just smoke less and less to help the nausea. You'll save plenty of money (which you'll undoubtedly need for college) and hopefully break your body's 'routine'.

3. I get sick every morning too :hello:

If I'm weedless, I try to overcome it by just chilling, staying relaxed, and trying to eat some cereal. After I've been awake for like 45minutes it fades away.

4. iv had a unknown stomach ailment my whole life and i have a anxiety problem. at night when i get nervous i get sick, to the point of dry heaving and such or even throwing up
    i dont think it has to do with the MJ. i think you think it does. so it will only go away when you spark it. then again i dont really know because i cant feel what your feeling. but what you described sounds alot like what happens to me. i would say its just your nerves and anxiety. and then when you smoke it takes away all that pain. so its just like medication. i think its placebo. but again. i cant really tell
    hope i helped.
    :) feel better soon.

5. You are probably dehydrated.

Drink a lot of water.

6. Well it could be a placebo but there's no doubt that after I do smoke, it goes away.

It could be from me being dehydrated, my water intake is pretty significantly lower at college than it is back home (the town's water is awful) but my urine doesn't display that I am dehydrated so idk... sorry to be so forward lol just trying to solve this thing.

I wish I could find out if it was the anxiety or not somehow...

7. smoking dehydrates you.
    and thats why i buy water bottles in packs. our waters bad here too

8. Do you munch out at night time before you go to bed?

9. One way to tell if it is dehydration is if you piss in the morning and if the piss is really yellow and dark then yeah you just need to drink more water.

10. #10 Ahzrukhal, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2011
    Its cannabis withdraw. I use to get it every morning for like a few weeks when i went from being high from when i wake to when i sleep. I stopped smoking so much because of school, tolerance, and because highs aren't as good when your high all day.

Stop going to bed on a completely empty stomach, and stop going to sleep blazed. Also, do not smoke before your first meal of the day. Following these things will get your body back online.

You body becomes dependent on the different cannabinoids and stops making them because you are getting it from smoking. When you aren't smoking (8hrs of sleep) your body is low on these cannabinoids. These cannabinoids that your body would normally make are not being made because your endocannabinoid system gets all it needs from you smoking all day. *

Take a break and cut back on being high and you should be back to normal in about 8 - 10 days. That how long it took me. Now i can eat when i wake up, not feel nauseous when i wake, and food is tasty and edible now. I lost 10 lbs too because i couldn't eat much during the break. **

Check out this thread: http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/747789-marijuana-addiction-withdrawal.html

*I developed this theory while going through the withdraw symptoms twice in my life. The key is to not get use to smoking before normal human activities, like eating and sleeping.

**Also, some people can quit smoking and not have any negative reaction to stopping. remember that everyone is different.

11. Smoke more weed?

Haha no, I'm sure some good advice was already given. I can't say I read any of it, but in general for threads like this I'd suggest going to a doctor. Or at least go to bed sober and deduce from there...