Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Nausea everytime I eat without smoking prior?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by clearw0t, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Hey guys, 90% of the time when I eat and I'm not high beforehand, I feel really nauseous to the point where sometimes I can even vomit, just from eating food. If I smoke before hand, I'm fine and have a much larger appetite too. If I'm not high, I'll really struggle to eat any food at all and people always take offence. I'm pretty underweight too. Has anyone heard of this before? Really struggling to keep it under control.

2. I'd definitely discuss this with a trained medical professional and not the lovable band of stoners that is Grasscity.

Like 90% of us are high right now and are gonna suggest stupid shit

But on the real maybe you got a weird ass parasite and when you smoke it's less irritable or you got the parasite high and the parasite is hungry so now you can eat cause it's hungry and it won't make you throw up you know

I don't know I'm pretty high

<-Stay Frosty->

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Is your blood type by any chance AB+?

Next time eat a third of what you'd usually eat and just stop. If you feel hungry half an hour later eat another third.

But that's just a tweak. You really should consult a doctor, you need a blood test, might be something serious. You're not supposed to vomit after you eat. Whatever is causing this might become numb when you're high but that's not a solution.

4. It could be anorexia, I had a friend who was anorexic and the only time she'd be able to eat would be when she was high. She doesn't have anorexia anymore though, I think the weed either cured it or she got better on her own. Anorexia can go away without meds or therapy sometimes. But yeah I'd go to a doctor just in case because if it is a parasite or something then You might not want it in you very long. It could possibly be a tape worm, but that's kinda unlikely unless you've been shitting out weird tiny worms... But yeah I really hope you get better! Like seriously go see a doctor, And if that's not possible at all then smoke every chance you get because you don't wanna get dangerously underweight.

^.^

5. I have been dealing with severe stomach pain and puking for over a year and there are days were I can't even keep water down let alone food.  There have been multiple times when I had to go the the ER for an IV because I couldn't keep anything down.   My stomach would feel tight and disgusted at food but the second I would smoke a little the feeling would slowly turn into a hungry empty stomach and then I would be able to keep food and water down. Now most days if I'm not high I don't have an appetite whatsoever but when I am high I have a normal appetite.  I would definitely go see your doctor to see if they can notice anything.

6. I have Crohn's Disease and I have similar symptoms... but at the same time, you could just be a habitual pot smoker and your body has gotten used to the routine of smoke and eat. Do you get cramps, pain, nausea before eating or during the day? Do you have irregular trips to the restroom, etc.? Those are the questions you should be asking... and probably then go to a doctor. OR you probably just smoke a lot of weed and your body's gotten used to it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I get this all the time. If I don't smoke before I eat I have no appetite at all even if my stomach hurts and it used.to make me nauseous when it first started happening. I attributed to 20+ years smoking a oz a week and I ONLY eat when high bc I'm always high. I noticed it on vacation when I didn't have weed. I was like etc I can't eat this steak dinner I have no appetite and felt slightly nausous. I've heard this with sever heavy smokers. Lol I doubt he has a disease...

8. #8 invinciblejets, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    Have your blood sugar checked.

What your describing can be a lot of different medical issues.

Weed just helps you eat like any thing else that increase appetite.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

9. When I stop smoking for a tolerance break my appetite is always shit. Always happens and goes away after day two. Cheers

-Appreciate what you got cause one day it can all be gone-

10. Damn I'm the exact opposite. Weed doesn't give me the munchies but if I eat after I smoke I get nauseous and can't eat as much

11. I am the exact same way and I never was this way before smoking. After becoming a daily toker I no longer feel hungry unless I am high. I will eat but instantly have a sick to the stomach feeling and acid reflex badly.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Welcome to pot addiction my friend. My freshman year I only ate once a day, because I smoked once a day. I've managed to kick my habit as well as my fucked appetite, but a constant weed habit is bound to fuck with a person's appetite (at least us skinny people, I'm only 120 pounds usually and I had the exact same issue for quite a while).

I have found though that cooking your own meals helps. When I smell that food for a half an hour straight without eating it, I get hungry regardless of the state I'm in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. It sounds like you smoke too much.

I've been there too, only able to eat while high.

Take a few days off (if difficult, then it clearly shows addiction), and smoke less.

But trust me, it's only weed, not that bad lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. #14 foxforcefive, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    Fun Fact: Blake said he has this problem in the To Friend A Predator episode of Workaholics. He can't eat unless he's high.

Anyway, I'd go to a doctor. We're not doctors. We may know a lot about weed, but we don't know a whole lot about medicine.

15. Kind of old thread but my advice would be to drink cold Gatorade before, during, and after eating. Always seems to help me stuff a few more mouthfuls.

16. So sorry to hear what you're going through. I had experienced a similar experience (probably not as bad) to yours. Did you ever have this trouble in the past before you started smoking?

17. That's a sign take a break. Get your weight up work out and get some black seed oil that shit cures everything except death try it. Had the same problem which was a ulcer and h pylori with antibiotics and black seed oil I'm now healthy good luck

18. This is happening to me right now. I’m currently on a tolerance break so I’m struggling. Can’t wait till it’s over so I can spark up... Anyways, I happened to run into this post while trying to eat my lunch even tho I’m starving it tastes like shit and I can’t keep the food down without force. And I know if I was stoned right now I was scarf it all down and be lookin for more food lol. Nothing is wrong with you it’s just due to heavy pot use your body is use to it. Take a break from pot for a while and you will go back to your normal eating/sleeping habits. Otherwise go toke up and eat my friend.

19. Op is 3 years old.

20. I know but fuck it I’m bored lol

• Winner Winner x 1