Nature documentaries: This is kind of a shitty thread

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TheAtmansPath, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Anybody watch nature documentaries and have profound (or seemingly so) philosophical thoughts?
    I have like 7 hours about mammals w my man SirD Attenbeezy (that's what I call him we go way back). I always would smoke, watch this, and have thoughts that really drew me into the natural world and sort of out of modern life. back to the roots, it felt. and it like annihilated my thoughts on evolution, on humans being superior, on morals, and on god.
    it's really hard to remember/explain what the thoughts are I was wondering if anyone else has done this. sorry for the low grade thread, this is where the conquerors of gods walk (philosophers), you know.

2. Random mutations and natural selection are the driving force of evolution, but not the only factor. Once you see the emotion, it's hard to unsee..

3. Did you watch the one with the lyrebird?

That shit is crazy

4. nah or at least I don't remember lol

5. The bird that can replicate complex sounds like a chain saw or a polaroid camera

6. It's called a Lyre bird.
    We have them in our yard. So annoying. House alarms. Car alarms. Drills doorbells. Whatever is happening on the area.

7. yes if you look at post number three in this thread I stated the name.

Where do those fuckers live? I have never been able to find any info on that

8. I wouldn't mind some of them hanging out in my area, but they probably would get annoying after awhile. They're down under in Australia, neat birds. I can't remember if it was an Attenborough or not, but I always like those fish that learned how to shoot water up at insects to knock them into the water. Even able to adjust for the light refraction from the water.

9. Are they legal to own as pets? I would have one if I could and teach it to replicate popular songs. Actually scratch that, I would make them replicate unpopular Frank Zappa songs.

10. Hahaha. That is the best. Really bad frank Zappa songs.
    Nah. They are an endangered species? Or protected? One or the other. Either way. Yes It can learn music. I have even heard of scientists trying to teach them to speak. But I don't know. Prolly a stoner rumour. Haha.

But they are pretty cool birds man. They look funny too.

Sorry man. I did see the 3rd post but after I just trolled in with my 2cents haha.

11. Im a huge fan of the attenborough BBC documentaries.

"The Private life of Plants" is awesome!

(except for that one extreme closeup of a sumatran rhino taking a shit, wanted to summon bahamut so i could megaflare the fucker that thought it was a good idea.)

12. I'd definatly have it learn some of FZ's avant garde stuff like this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XdCIS-nopU]Frank Zappa - Nine Types of Industrial Pollution [1969] Uncle Meat - YouTube[/ame]