Natural trees, no training.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GrowQs, Aug 22, 2019.

1. I don’t top or train my plants because that’s what works for me but I believe the evidence exists for supporting the notion that topping and training are sure ways to maximize your harvest.

I don’t employ those techniques for maximizing harvest simply because allowing the plant to do its own thing provides me with sufficient harvest. I don’t need to go to the trouble of training and topping and furthermore I don’t need to take the risk such techniques can pose (albeit those risks are fairly minor). For me my primary concern is simply getting the plant from seed to harvest.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Plants grown from seed are always more vigorous and grow faster than clones. Not that clones won’t grow into trees, but they can’t compete with seeds initial growth-wise. The upside with clones is you know exactly the genetics and phenotype you’re getting and you can apply those specific genetics on a large scale. With seeds there is always the chance of different or unexpected traits coming through.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. I've never had an issue with PM on outdoor plants. Even thick bushes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I know your talking about outdoors but training plants indoors makes a big difference. The more even the canopy the better because the lights don't move and shadows are in the same place all 12 hours. Not an outdoor grower so if you are talking strictly about outdoor growing please continue on and don't mind me i've had a bit to much distillate tonight. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Very lucky. I live in a very hot and dry place. I think molasses was a issue too

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's really hot and dry here too in northern California near Lake Shasta. It's going to be 107* tomorrow. It just doesn't seem to be an issue. Every year it's a different plague though. Spider mites, russet mites, grasshoppers, caterpillars. This year it was aphids.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well can't be dryer or hotter than Palm Springs where I live.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I’m understand the OP as I dont do a lot of cutting or cropping. I’ve got 2 plants that are the same and I topped one and I’m waiting to see the end result. I don’t disagree with those that top often or use other training methods, I’m just lazy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #51 Shasta_Lake_California, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Yeah that's like southern Arizona weather. 120* in July and 80* in January.

No thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Here...

Check out my big natural GSC and tell me that bending it all over would have made it better.. I doubt it..

• Like Like x 1