Natural light to artificial light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DividedSky4, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Hello all! This is my first time growing. I did see there was a question already on this... BUT! I have a straight froward question. Here's a little info on my situation: My plants are right at 12 inches tall. Now, I started them outside June 26th to be exact, (yeah stupid timing and all, I didn't think they would blossom), but WaLA! they did blossom and they look beautiful. Now! I've moved all of the plants inside a few days ago when it quickly turned cold and rainy! They are currently by different windows and seem to be doing well. My question(s) is, when should I switch to 12/12 lighting? Or do I switch to another lighting system...? Since they were outside and now by windows, they seem to have adjusted well to the change of temperature inside.I'm assuming they will go into a shock if I just start right on the 12/12...... I don't know....
    Well, there is it. Is it too late now? Will they die? haha :(
    ugh I'm just not sure what to do and I've got a bible on cannabis growth, but no answers on if you start it outside first, then move the plants inside....sorry this is SO long.... Thanks to anyone who can help me out. It's appreciated!! If you need more info, let me know! Thanks again. -Michelle

2. Need more info, err I need someone to decrypt that post. Maybe a few spaces, little organization to the ramble lol.

3. Hey, haha, it was very unorganized. Sorry.

My plants are 12 inches tall. I had them outside for the first 2 months, now they are by the window, and doing very well. My question is: Will it be okay to switch them to the 12/12 cycle? Or will it put them into shock?

4. Also, what other information would you need to answer these questions? I only need to know when it's okay to switch them to the 12/12 cylce since they've been growing by natural sunlight. They are really progressing.

5. It good to do it whenever man unless ur in like Australia or something they should be flowering already, don't worry about shocking them with light change, flower the biatch!

6. Hon, it is almost the Autumnal Eqinox! The days are almost exactly 12/12 right now! You can go right to 12/12 lighting, no prob! :D

I would be more worried about the quality and quantity of your light! The sun is way brighter than what comes through the window.

I've had outdoor plants, that when taken inside, "stretched" for a while, then settled back down and grew normally. They looked a bit weird- the bottom had normal spacing, then a couple of long internodes and back to normal! Otherwise, they were fine.

Granny :wave:

7. If it's already cold and rainy where you live I doubt you'll have much success growing them out with what little light is coming through your window. Your best bet would be to 12/12 them under an HID light at this point.