Natural Light and Flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by La Chimney, Oct 13, 2011.

1. So I planted two seeds from a baggy I bought, and to my surprise/delight two little stems shot up, four tiny leaves on each. It's definitely too early to tell the sex, but it's definitely growing. Unfortunately my timing couldn't be worse, as I live in NY and we're going into the winter season. However I should be able to get at least 12/12hr light until the end of the month. Will I be able to grow a little tiny plant and, if it's female, get some bud out of it? Keep in mind, this is my first grow and more of just an experiment, as I plan to grow seriously in the future. The taller of the two plants is about 2-3in., very thing stem. Very green though. All responses are appreciated!:D

2. So what's the minimum req. in order to harvest some bud. I'm not looking for anything dank, just something to get me a slight buzz. Plus it'll be a real accomplishment if I can grow my own bud.

3. I have an 18 inch. Bag seed. It's been in flower (12/12) for 6.5 weeks. It still has at least 4 weeks till harvest. This wasn't my goal but hurricane Irene knocked out power so I was forced to go flower early. It takes time. Now let's say you do try. What if they both turn out male? Just grow inside. Do like a micro grow. There is tons of info and tutorials for grow boxes and what not. Good luck.

4. Yeah Johns right i live in same climate as new york and the frost will just kill the plant this month or next , All you need is like 4 cfls if you can't afford much , and a spot

5. Currently I have it inside, the sun begins to show at around 7:10ish a.m. At 7 p.m. I put the plant inside a miniature locker that has ventilation. Kind of 12/12, but there's always the chance it's not a sunny day, like today.

6. nah, your plant won't survive the NY winter. Indoor growing isn't as hard as it looks. :smoke:

7. A friend of mine said he could hook me up with a light he has lying around his house. Hopefully I can get it on a 12/12 schedule, and make a little growbox for my plant. Would 2'x2' be good? Or a bit bigger?