Natural insomnia cures? (besides weed)

Discussion in 'General' started by ChillnSmoke, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Weed isn't available, and I have horrible insomnia, is there anything natural to help me get to sleep?

2. Melatonin, Benedryl

3. Melatonin, period. The only other thing remotely effective that i've found besides weed. I usually take about 15 mg for it to work.

4. melatonin, valarian root, l-tryptiphan(sp?), its not natrual but benedryl, and i know theres others i just cant think of right now :smoking:

5. take a shower but instead of drying off with a towel put the towels on your bed and lie on them wet and naked. For reasons i dont remember cuz i didnt always pay attention in bio class, this will have u sleepin in 15 minutes or less. Not bsing.

6. "The Itis"

All you need is a bacon double cheeseburger on two glazed donuts and you'll be out like a light.

7. I have nothing like that here, haha. And, I am not going to sleep naked. Haha, thanks anyways guys. Nevermind

8. Have you been staring in my window at night?

9. Melatonin is not something I would recommend to just anyone. Unfortunately it has not been approved by the FDA, and when I got a new job, working graveyard shift, i had trouble sleeping during the day, so I took just one pill of it, and I had awful side effects. Felt like an overdose. I would ever go near that stuff again, maybe im allergic but screw that.

10. warm milk or tea. Or try some night runs till you feel sore, that will nock you out (not unless this is your first time, your probably gonna be real sore so you might not fall asleep) Or smoke some menthols till you feel nauseous

11. theres a Drink houston called drank....
    it's anti-energy....
    it's flat out delicious..
    and if you drink while high......damn DAWG!
    [​IMG]

12. Instead of taking all these pills and man made things, you should try to wake up earlier. Try not to sit down all day, but instead stay on your feat and work hard. Even if you don't physically work hard, the mental strain will cause you to tire. And if possible try to get atleast 1 to 1 1/2 hours of exercise a day, preferrably cardio. The most helpful thing you could do is start a routine, have a specific time when you eat, when you workout, when you take a shower, and when you go to bed. This will allow your body to get into a natural rhythm and before you know it you will be falling asleep at the same time everyday. My last and most important tip is DON'T WATCH ANY TV AN HOUR BEFORE BED. I cannot stress this enough. Tv is a stimulant, and will keep you from getting a good sleep.

13. Cure the root cause so that you don't even have insomnia anymore.

Do you really want to live the rest of your life like this?

14. lol medicine

15. camomile tea
    and
    xanax

:D works everyyyyy time

16. I dont know about being allergic to it, considering our bodies naturally produce it every night to help us fall asleep.

17. Uhhh, drink some warm milk with a lil bit of honey in it. That's what my mom always did for me when I was little...

18. Why don't you do what we try to do for our kids?

Eat right, get alot of exercise and wake up early in the day. You could also try swimming once a day, the sun and the water leave you feeling very groggy.

I've found that cutting out caffeine completely has helped get my sleep patterns back to normal.