Natural downstems

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by stoned_zahmbie, Jan 7, 2014.

1. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389071350.238601.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389071374.270153.jpg This is one of the first pieces I ever bought, and my puppy knocked it over while I had my back turned. I love this piece so much, so I'm looking for any information on where I can buy a replacement downstem. Any info helps, thanks!

2. #2 shaggish, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
    that doesnt need a downstem, it's a stemless.  were you using the downstem just as a 18mm to 14mm convertor?

either get an 18mm slide or get one of these adapters so you can use the 14mm slide

[​IMG]

3. No no, that's a 29.2 mm man. Don't think they make slides that big hah, plus that 29.2 DS was probably pretty dope

4. downstem in a stemless? hmmm.. 

5. It's a 29.2 mm piece. Almost twice as big as so called "jumbo or oversize."
    It needs that cool DS

6. maybe you should stop back in Illusion Glass... that's your best shot for getting one... 

7. It's not stemless, it does need a downstem, it's just a lot bigger than most others. 4 arms with 4 percs on each. And I don't have any illusion glass dealers in my area. Here's a picture of just the downstem pieces: ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389135464.625536.jpg

8. Did you read my response? Lol it's a 29.2 mm downstem, Google it and choose whichever online dealer seems most reputable to you for your replacement.

9. [quote name="leadspace" post="19299201" timestamp="1389145180"]Did you read my response? Lol it's a 29.2 mm downstem, Google it and choose whichever online dealer seems most reputable to you for your replacement.[/quote]Haha my bad. Too be honest I didn't see your comment right away. But thanks a lot! I'm gonna begin a new search for a replacement. I'll let ya know what I find!

10. You don't NEED a downstem in there man, or atleast you can still hit it until a new one comes, I have a natty perc aswell just make sure you fill it so the weld from stem to can is completely covered then use the joint of the downstem as an adaptor so you can still fit you bowl :) it won't be as smooth but it will still bubble just Willa be really chuggy, hope it helps :)

11. well either way you dont need a downstem if you want to use the "natural perc"  just get an adapter so whatever size slide you want to use will work

12. Update: I've ordered a 29mm downstem, but it's still too small! Any ideas on what the next possible size could be?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. I remember seeing a company making 50mm joints, there was a 50mm nail I saw on a pyrology tube on YouTube and I saw a beaker with a ten arm downstem that was 50mm but it dosnt seem like it would be that big S:

14. why not just measure it?

because thats logical and too easy.
    people would rather have us guess and check...
    :devious: