Natural CO2

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by unity420, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Greetings,

So, I have a 3x3x72 tent running 315W cmh, in soil, scroged, 7 plants. I have been fermenting plain sugar and yeast via a set up that disburses the CO2 in the tent above the plants. I recently used an old pineapple and a ripe honey due melon along with water and some yeast. So the off gassing happens to carry the fruit smell. Its actually rather pleasant

Since the plants are breathing in that particular smell. What is the chance of the smell getting into the plant itself?

Just a crazy thought to put out there

Peace

2. i'd say virtually non-existent, doesn't work that way.
    one could ponder on whether or not it could possibly ripen them faster though, from the ethylene, but theres not much scientific evidence that cannabis uses ethylene to ripen like fruits do..
    like comparing apples to, um.. oranges
    or bananas to cannabis, if you will

3. The CO2 you are making is a complete waste of time and money. It will do zero for your grow. You could never make enough to reach minimum enrichment levels. If you put a meter in your room, it would read the exact same as any place outside your home. The only thing you gain is a weird smell.

• Like Like x 1
  4. This is the first time I am trying it. I was running through some things in my head. With that much fauna (7 Plants) would it not use the available CO2 within a 12 hour period? or is the exchange of air I have now sufficient enough to keep the plants CO2 requirement in check? I don't have the CFM of the fan in my head, buts its heavy duty

It is a Tent and not a room, so I don't know if that would make a difference, anyway, When this batch is done I will brew some beer. Might not do anything for the plants, but its gonna happen so might as well have fun with it. Not looking for a yield increase, just trying to keep them happy, which they are..Sort of like California grapes/raisins..

5. Money wont kill me. The yeast was $2,79 the fruit was left over so I could work the formula to explain exactly the cost, but 10 bucks wont make a difference when I have a light that is a bit more then a walmart special.
    Peace bro

6. Any home brew CO2 will just make a smell but not help your grow operation in the least. Years ago we tested almost every method of store bought CO2 gimmicks and home made brew. In my sealed room with no ventilation, the best methods could not reach 1200PPm. Any gains took hours to reach (with the ventilation in the off position, no plants to kill with the heat during the test), but the levels could not even match you singing to the plants for three minutes. Saying the words "hello ladies" will give about the same enrichment.

As soon as the ventilation cycled, it took less than 30 seconds for the CO2 to go back to normal range. I have seen folks limit ventilation to try and capture the gain. Stable temps will do more for your grow than slightly elevated CO2 (by a landslide).

• Like Like x 1
  7. do it right, or forget about it. doing it right requires a monitor and bottle or generator

8. Well, since the collective agreement is no added benefit, along with Rump's explanation of what appears to be empirical evidence. I shall shut down the CO2 and let things go as they are. The initial argument I listened to made sense to me or it was enough to garner my attention, without any other proof other then it sounded good.Lol

Thank you much.

9. Nothing wring with making beer though. Even if it does not help your plants, it will still be a good thing.

10. Only pit fall is having to wait for both to mature..