NATO admits they killed civilians and tried to lie about it

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dickie4:20, Apr 22, 2010.

1. NATO Admits Shooting Victims Were 4 Afghan Civilians Not 'Known Insurgents' | CommonDreams.org

NATO claimed earlier that they were "known insurgents".

The youngest of the dead was a 13 year boy. One was a police officer.

"Civilian deaths at the hands of U.S. and other international forces are believed to fuel resentment of the Afghan government and generate sympathy for the insurgency. Earlier this month, U.S. forces fired on a civilian bus outside the southern city of Kandahar, killing four Afghans and stoking anger over the international presence."

Ahhh blowback.

Also,

"The United Nations has called for better protection of Afghan civilians after the civilian death toll in violence rose last year to its highest level since the 2001 fall of the Taliban regime. Some 2,412 civilians were killed in 2009 - a 14 percent increase over the 2,118 who died in 2008, according to the U.N."

2. Lol what a crappy ass thread and link. Nice source btw, what the hell is common dreams? I like how it just keeps refering to NATO like its a person who is dropping all these quotes. This article didnt have ONE direct quote where NATO takes actually confirms what this article is about.

3. If you read it you would know the article originally came from the Associated Press you dingleberry.

4. Oh yeah and they do a good job sourcing their " nato link" as well .......... fucking fail just like you.

5. Surprise!

At least NATO acknowledges it and doesn't just sweep it under the rug.

6. NATO never does, this article doesnt even have a direct quote/source/link as to who in NATO said this. They try to act like they are paraphrasing, when infact they just didnt contact any real sources just made up some crap

7. #7 Dickie4:20, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2010
    Keep defending NATO for lying about killing 4 innocent people.

You've had your moment, now crawl back under the woodwork from which you came you vermin rat bastard.:)

Update to Escalation of Force Incident in Khost | ISAF - International Security Assistance Force

:wave:

H20420, i think your right, its good they came out, but only after the fact that they called them "known insurgents".

8. The only fiction seems to be in your little fantasy world.

Your entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts.

Now shoo.

9. yeah good story bro, tuck me in after i enjoy a good fiction

10. [​IMG]

11. I will say this, bravo for sticking to your troll...? :confused:

12. I love posting stories that have no sources or credibility too!

13. Obviously, your a troll.

14. Yeah i love posting fiction stories too! they are fun to read!

15. how much neg rep will this dude accumulate before he's banned?

I've never seen 3 red bars before... :eek:

16. LOL its possible.

17. Yeah just as possible as you posting a non -fiction story too

Grasscity Deals Near You