National StraightEdge Day

Discussion in 'General' started by tehpenguin55, Oct 17, 2008.

1. National Edge Day, or simply Edge Day, is an unofficial holiday recognized by members of the straight edge subculture on October 17. The first annual National Edge Day was celebrated on October 17, 1999 at the final Ten Yard Fight concert at the nightclub Karma in Boston,

Anyways I'm about to go smoke a bowl anyone want to join me? :smoke:

2. Yeah, I'll smoke to that.

3. don't smoke, don't drink, don't fuck,
    at least I can fucking think

...Anybody else love smoking to Minor Threat?

4. hellll yeah!

5. Don't smoke just because day... wtf ?

6. That's some ironic shit man.

7. straight edge peeps make me laugh a little :)

8. yeah...and most of the ones i know are recovering druggies.

im going to sleep baked off my ass and plan to wake up and get stoned some more :D

9. Whats with the X's? They're doing more harm to their bodies by writing X's on their hands with toxic permanent marker, then smoking weed.

10. I find it funny today will be my first time stoned in 8 months.

11. Good for them.

In my eyes, we should have just as much respect for those who choose to not indulge, as that we expect.

It's just another lifestyle choice, you don't have to agree with it to respect their resolve.

12. Could not agree more.

13. The X's are used at shows to let the bartenders know that you are underage, so that you can't drink. It just evolved into a symbol, of not drinking or doing drugs.

14. Ten Yard Fight was a badass band. You motherfuckers need to stop being so ignorant and dissing people who have different lifestyle choices. It makes you no better than straight edge kids who look down upon drug users.

15. i have to ask, why has it been so long?

16. I'll smoke to that :smoke:

17. I'm going to do extra drugs in celebration. :hello:

[​IMG]

18. Have you ever hung out with a straight edge kid? All they do is rub it in your face or patronize you on your choices to indulge.... I'll be respectful if it is reciprocated back.

19. yep..hit the nail on the head..

they are much more preachy than your average evangelical christian..

"You know drugs and alchohol will kill you. I don't do them, and Im going to live a long time" Edger guy

"Not doing drugs and alcohol will kill you anyway. You might die in a car wreck today. So did your straightedgieness save your life? No." Me

20. I'll be trimming my plants with a straight edge razor today, does that count?

Then later on, I'll be having some straight sex, does that count?

I just hope these people know that if you get old enough, eventually you'll be less able to violate these principles, so it's best to get it on while you are young, because eventually advanced age makes us all a little less bendable.

The point is to be cool to others. However you achieve that, is up to you.