national petition to legalize MJ!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by FuckingClassy, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Whats up GC? Happy friday to all :smoking:

So this was posted in the "Marijuana News & Discussion" section a few weeks back, and i feel like it hasn't gotten enough attention, so i'm posting it in here.

its a national petition to legalize marijuana, as the title states. So far ther's only 414 votes & it needs 5000 votes by July 13!

Even if you don't believe it will do anything, sign it! What harm can come from that? Anything helps, guys, so spread the word, too.

This may make a difference, it may not. Only way we'll know if we get enough signatures!

Criminal Justice - Change.org: National Vote on Legalization of Cannabis

2. there's many petitions for this, there's also that one you can do via phone.

they won't do anything man, the government doesn't care about us and our petitions anymore. We could get 60% of the US to sign it and they wouldn't legalize it.

We've go to find another way.

3. The only way to get things done is hippie status. That means everyone lights a spliff outfront of the whitehouse protesting for legal marijuana. The economy would crash (not like it already did) because no one is working and they would have to legalize.

4. i know there's many. And if its done enough times, it might make a difference. Plus, this one's at least on criminaljustice.change.gov and not some random petition site.

They might not legalize it JUST because of these petitions, but it would show them how many americans really care. Of course, it won't get a signature from every american that smokes, because not everyone who is for it is looking for petitions like these.

have some faith instead of bashing on anything that could lead to baby steps that could lead to who knows what :D

doing it "hippie" style would just show immaturity, in my opinion.

"Hey i want marijuana legalized so im going to sit in front of the whitehouse and smoke this blunt"

just doesn't seem like it would have THAT mass of an effect. It would take many many many many americans to attend that, and at this time, not many people can afford to just up & go to D.C. to protest

obviously if that DID happen and i happened to live close enough to D.C. id be there, but i really don't think that would solve much by sitting around smoking in front of the whitehouse *shrugs* but like i said above, anything helps, so who knows what would really happen.

5. I know a lot of smokers who are just apathetic about the law and legalization. I think a good place to start is to convince people who already smoke to stand up and voice their opinions. It's pretty upsetting to me to talk to people who smoke but don't give a rats ass about the law :( Anyway, I signed the petition..

6. #6 Budwisesir, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
    I'll tell you this, you won't get anything done by sitting down on the internet complaining (obama basically laughs at you for that). I think doing it hippie style would show no mercy and a backbone for the citizens. A government worker would look at it as immaturity.

7. ..but that doesn't mean you should just give up and not sign the petition.
    Do your part in each and every way that is possible at the moment and continue
    to do so when other ways arise..

8. you have to realize that there ARE children living in the white house.
    mass groups smoking without regard to that fact looks bad on responsible cannabis smokers.

9. good call, signed

10. So when you people go to cannabis marches and all that, you don't think children see you walking down the street smoking? Or looking out their window watching everyone smoke? Get real man.

11. i just don't see smoking a bunch of bud in front of the white house as a responsible way to take action.

don't you think its kind of ignorant to make a statement that you don't know if its true or not? How do you know if i'm sitting at my computer simply complaining & not doing anything? I agree that sitting & complaining won't do anything. That's why i spread the word around as much as possible, sign what i can, send letters when possible, etc. I do more than just sit & bitch like you may think