Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Nasty!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by yourHIGHness, Dec 1, 2008.

1. I've been a smoker of MJ for about 6 years. I've been a cig smoker for over 10 years but quit at the start of 08. I usually smoke bongs, and just recently invested in a volcano...
    But lately i've been coughing up some nasty looking phlem, its all dark... brownish/blackish in color. Does anyone else ever get this? It looks really nasty and is making me concerned (im also asthmatic, quit cigs for my asthma). So I was just wondering... maybe its time for a t-break? but thats hard cuz i've been smoking everyday for the past 6 years. Any advice?

2. How long you had the vape? maybe your lungs are starting to repair themselves and kick all that nasty shit out now that you are not smoking at all.

3. I've had it for a few months. But i still take hits from the bong daily, just not as often.

4. yea dude, the vape is cleanin your lu ngs and thats all the shit from the cigs and constant beef smokin. i get it alot after a long night of boxing.

5. I'm not completely sure but I think 10 years of tobacco smoking may take more than a year to recover from. I'd definitely check out the possibilities that it's due to the tobacco habit. If you don't find anything to corroborate that then, yes, a t-break might be the way to go.

A vape is a step in the right direction though :)

6. pvillephunk is right. Vaporizing is extremely healthy compared to other ways of smoking, so your lungs are taking the opportunity to cough up all the tar and shit that has accumulated in your lungs over the years from the cigs. If you've been smoking for as long as you said, this will go on for a while. Just rest assured that it isn't a bad thing.

7. I was thinking about getting one for a while, and the guy that I talked to in the smoke shop around me told me that if I do, don't get it too milky in the bag because he got a nasty cough from that. So maybe go easy on filling up the bags? Also regaurding cig smokers and weed, I just puked mucis (sp?) on my leg for the second time this week from taking too big of a rip. God I wish I could quit!

8. Smoke peppermint, it helps break up tar in your lungs.