Nascar?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Jamaican Hotbox, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Anyone else watch it. It's my white trash guilty pleasure. Also I think people underestimate the skill that is necessary to race in a level they are.

2. I've been watching it since I was a kid, probably gonna be a fan of it for life. It's really underrated because you're right, no one understands or appreciates how hard race car drivers, Nascar drivers or otherwise, have to work in the duration of a race, or how much harder it is to win a race vs finishing 35th on a weekly basis. I raced go karts for 3 years, easily one of the hardest things ive ever done which is what made winning the few races I did even sweeter

3. [quote name='"BudDude51"']I've been watching it since I was a kid, probably gonna be a fan of it for life. It's really underrated because you're right, no one understands or appreciates how hard race car drivers, Nascar drivers or otherwise, have to work in the duration of a race, or how much harder it is to win a race vs finishing 35th on a weekly basis. I raced go karts for 3 years, easily one of the hardest things ive ever done which is what made winning the few races I did even sweeter[/quote]

Exactly there is even a lot of science that goes into it.

4. Precisely sir. I often get the question "how can you watch Nascar, all they do is drive in a circle". Easy, because I understand what's actually going on, like what the car is doing. When the driver makes a comment that the car is doing this, this or that, I get it because I may have been in a similar situation before. If the adjustment of the car goes one way or another, 9 times out of 10 the driver has to make adjustments to his driving style to conform to what the car is doing which in turn helps that driver stay competitive during the race. You have to change your driving line, adjust your braking points, start thinking of how to adjust your driving style to keep up with the pace of the leaders. I'll stop there because I don't want to rant on and on, can't nerd out too much haha