NASA neutron star video looks like ‘God smoking a joint’

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by claygooding, Jan 9, 2013.

1. #1 claygooding, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
    NASA neutron star video looks like ‘God smoking a joint"

Video released by NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory on Monday showed a “fast moving jet of particles produced by a rapidly rotating neutron star,” but to some the image appear to more resemble the mask from Phantom of the Opera or “God smoking a joint.”

In a description provided with the video, NASA said that the Vela pulsar was formed after the collapse of another massive star and it “may provide new insight into the nature of some of the densest matter in the universe.”

“The Vela pulsar is about 1,000 light years from Earth, spansis about 12 miles in diameter, and makes over 11 complete rotations every second, faster than a helicopter rotor,” according to the agency. “As the pulsar whips around, it spews out a jet of charged particles that race out along the pulsar’s rotation axis at about 70% of the speed of light.”

Universe Today’s Nancy Atkinson noted that the video “has the unnerving appearance of the Phantom of the Opera – wearing not only a mask, but also a steam-blowing hat like the Tin Man in ‘The Wizard of Oz.’”

But Raw Story’s David Ferguson saw something more heavenly in the frames.
    “Actually that image looks more like God smoking a joint,” he said.

Watch this video from NASA, uploaded Jan. 7, 2013.:smoking:

Just in case any prohibs were waiting for a sign from the heavens.

2. Fuck and I thought I was away from prying eyes out there. :mad:

J/K. Thanks for the info. :smoke:

3. hahaha! thanks Clay. That was so ridiculous

4. that was cool good post :smoking:

5. Imagine Gods weed?!

6. I'd love to toke with God... that's what awaits me... until then