NAs grow journal

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by NorthernAutos, Mar 29, 2015.

• Like Like x 3
  1. It’s a basic soil mix… peat moss, perlite and worm castings. If you’re confused by the straw then that’s just what I use for mulch on the top layer

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. informative:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hey NA its lookin killer here hope all is well

• Like Like x 3
  4. #3765 NorthernAutos, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    I got promoted at work and things have been hectic but I have everything back up and running and I’m ready to get started…

IMG_6409.JPG
    I’m running the @Organic sinse pot setup again with 10 gallon fabric pots sitting inside of a 15 gallon hard pot with lava rock in between to act as a SIP. Two pots are filled with homemade soil consisting of Craft Blend with added kelp and rock dust, the other two are a bagged supersoil from BlueSky which is somewhat local to me that I’ve had success with before. Threw in about 20 worms in each pot. The 1 gallon pots are mainly filled with BlueSky plus some seed starter mix since I was running low with no worms.
    I have the Mars Hydro FC-E4800 sitting 42” above the soil running around 65% power which puts me at 220 PPFD or a DLI of 16 running at 20/4 which should be great. Temps are about 24.5°c with 65% humidity and past grows my leaf temps average 2°c lower than air which would put me right at 0.7kPa for VPD.

I planted 3x True Mac autos (MAC x Grape Dosi Breath auto) and 1x Grape God auto (Grape God x Grape Rolex auto) both being from ROC bud. They’re on day 1 today
    IMG_6447.JPG IMG_6448.JPG IMG_6449.JPG IMG_6450.JPG

I also planted 3x “Purple Voodoo Monster” from in-house genetics which I found from 7 years ago. Surprisingly they all germinated and just broke soil today but I’ll call it day 1 for those on Sunday to split things up. Here’s a couple photos from 2015/16 when I first grew it though
    dsc_0472.jpg A9846B6B-8186-4322-9D30-90B393733A06.jpg 9BFD497B-1F22-4CDC-B1D6-1B69B9CBD24F.jpg
    I believe they’re (Purple Haze x Forum Cut GSC) x 09’ Animal Cookies). I will likely be running into some serious space issues in a month or two but hopefully I can manage with enough training on the photos

I have a bunch of plants outside too that aren’t even worth showing but I’ll get photos up sometime soon, they’ve seen the wettest June we’ve had in years and temps as low as 6°c/43°f so they really took a hit. I think that’s all? Hoping to be much more active on here now

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Looking good!
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanks! Fingers crossed

• Like Like x 2
  7. Day “1” for PVM
    IMG_6488.JPG IMG_6489.JPG IMG_6490.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. #3769 NorthernAutos, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    Day 7 for all the autos

IMG_6539.JPG IMG_6540.JPG IMG_6541.JPG IMG_6542.JPG

MAC 2 and 3 are definitely the leaders. MAC 1 and Grape God seem to be slower and possibly overwatered even though I haven’t given them any since the initial “soak” and won’t for probably another week. Still steady around 0.7kPa and 15 DLI which they seem to appreciate

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks Tim! I’m worried about the small ones but time will tell. They’ll get recharge next watering which always helps

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I use recharge on certain occasions too. Usually when I see a possible micro nutrient deficiency.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. All are looking good! Im a sucker for grape, so that Grape God bud cross sounds incredible. Also love the sounds of the PVM/ Purple Voodoo Monster! Keep up the good work.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Grape God was one of my favourites years ago, I’m curious to see if the auto is anything similar… I hope it picks up the pace though. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Day 7 for the PVMs
    IMG_6572.JPG IMG_6573.JPG IMG_6574.JPG
    Looking a bit deformed but the pots were definitely too moist and they’re not getting much light behind the 15 gals. I’m sure they’ll snap out of it

• Like Like x 3
  14. Here’s that 707 headband that I found from 7 years ago, it’s on day 40 and really starting to take off now that the weather is getting better
    IMG_6623.JPG IMG_6624.JPG IMG_6622.JPG IMG_6625.JPG
    It’s in a 10 gallon pot filled with reused soil that I didn’t even reamend and I haven’t watered it once with how much rain we’ve been getting, when the pot finally dries out I’ll hit it with recharge and I’m sure she’ll explode.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. That's a nice healthy looking plant @NorthernAutos.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks Tim. Every day I think about training it but I’m gonna let her go naturally and see how big it gets before the frost kills it

• Like Like x 3
  17. I understand that. I'm doing the same thing with a Super Skunk plant.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Day 14 for all the autos… I raised the temps closer to 80°, humidity around 70%, dimmed the light and watered for the first time last night and they seemed to have responded well to that. This next week is the real race though.

MAC 1 - Seems like a lankier pheno so I’m curious to see how it plays out, hopefully I get a stretchy one cause I like playing with those
    IMG_6672.JPG IMG_6673.JPG

MAC 2 - Looks super healthy with some good side branching starting. I *think* I see a pistil now that I look back at the photos
    IMG_6676.JPG IMG_6677.JPG

MAC 3 - Looks like the leader in terms of size but still very similar to #2 when it comes to structure and colour
    IMG_6674.JPG IMG_6675.JPG

Grape God - Had to have been overwatered from the start… It’s struggling to keep up but looks healthy enough and I got space so she’s staying around
    IMG_6678.JPG IMG_6679.JPG

I think I’ll start ponytailing tomorrow and get those side branches to stretch out. Happy with the progress and light so far!

(ignore the plant tags, “CB” is the soil mix)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2