Naruto - Good Or Bad?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Sublime, Nov 11, 2016.

1. I watched Naruto as a kid when it first aired and I loved it when I first saw it. Note, I'm not big into anime, and I did try to watch other animes like Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist, etc. but it just didn't vibe with me. I did like Inuyasha though and cowboy bebop was alright. My other anime that I can say I really like is Dragon Ball, the entire series. Anyways, back on track, I think the reason I liked Naruto so much was because I could relate to Naruto and the message it was sending so well. I was very much like Naruto, I was disliked by most everyone at the time it aired and I had no friends, I was relatively annoying just like Naruto and stubborn headed.

I'm also vibing very well with Naruto Shippuuden's message. The Leaf is like the lenient people who are understanding who have rules, but allow them to be bended if need be and lets benevolence and understanding take over instead of Donzo's way of rash, take out any threats you see before it becomes a threat, enforce every rule and law relentlessly with no exceptions, etc. And the message of Peace that Naruto Shippuuden tries to send. I love that, and the way they do it, it is right up my alley. To find a different way than vengeance, to figure a way to save someone from vengeance and to break the vicious cycle of war due to vengeance or whatever other reasons.

I watched each new episode religiously, never missing one. Until about ep. 150ish. Never watched beyond that or Shippuuden. So lately, I went back to rewatching the series. Again, around ep. 150 I wanted to stop watching and I wasn't a fan of that arc even after the fact. I will say, watching Naruto back after having grown up a lot, I now see Naruto as an annoying character in the OG Naruto. But I used to always support Naruto over anyone else, now I can't say I would in the OG Naruto.

However, having watched about half of Shippuuden now (ep. 215ish) for the first time, I must say that I really enjoyed Naruto right from the start. I was really glad to see him mature.

I haven't gotten to the point of this thread. Geez, I ramble on too much. Well, now that you have all that info and know I'm more Naruto-biased, I must confess the reason I created this thread. I absolutely hate Sasuke. I hated him since OG Naruto, because he was such an arrogant uptight careless asshole. And now, after having watched half of Shippuuden, I absolutely despise Sasuke as a character. He is a despicable character, with almost no redeeming qualities about himself.

However, I've seen SO many people support Sasuke and say they like Sasuke. How can ANYONE like a character like Sasuke? And I haven't gotten to this part yet, but I'm aware that Sasuke desires to become hokage..... (SPOILERS), AFTER he had just been hell-bent on destroying the Leaf, ruthlessly attempted to kill his own comrade, turned into a cold-hearted bastard, and even tried to kill Sakura TWICE without a single care in the world. And that man wanted to become Hokage. Fat chance.

Honestly, every time I hear the name "Sasuke" I just want to skip it because I hate Sasuke that much. He is honestly to the point for me where, when the story focuses on him, I just want to skip it. Why create a character who is so annoying as him? To me, he's more annoying than OG Naruto. Then again, I never liked Sasuke from the start.

I may be talking to a blank audience, who knows if anybody here even watches or has watched Naruto. But if you have, would you say Sasuke is a good character, or a bad character?

• Like Like x 1