Na

Discussion in 'General' started by RubyMini, Jun 5, 2012.

1. what are peoples experience with it? before anyone bashes "brainwashing" twelve step programs i just want to go ahead and say that i have seen them work for people.

personally, a person that i love and a sibling of mine got pretty deep into the alternative life style of unmentionables. the program has worked for them quite well and they have two years and one year clean, respectively. i go to the meetings from time to time to show my support even though they know that i get down on the herb and do not plan to stop.

my personal belief is that i have never had a problem. sure there have been times where i spent money i didnt exactly have but i am a successful person in school and have always had a job since i was legally able too, nine years ago. i do not think i need to quit smoking because i have my act together.

i enjoy the meetings because they teach people ways in which they can examine their character defects, become more humble, and introduce you to a different crowd. i just wish that they didn't lable me as someone to be careful around. what does this mean? well, i am friends with many people in the program and when i hang out with them i do not talk about smoking, drinking, or anything else. i would never offer them anything and would leave if they even wanted to get high because i am not going to facilitate that activity with a recovering addict. despite my stance on sober lifestyles with sober friends i hear through the grapevine that newer program members need to stay the hell away from me even though i am a good guy with a successful lifestyle.

does anyone else have any program experience? AA or NA? you are welcome to share any thoughts... i just dont want to hear extremely negative vibes