n3rd's beginner Hydro Northern Lights & Sensi Kush picture journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by n3rds3ks, Aug 11, 2011.

1. #21 n3rds3ks, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
    I was actually doing it 1/4th the recommended strength until the roots hit the water which was today when I added the full amount. I tested it about 20 minutes after putting nutes in and it was still 6.8, I washed everything out on the 16th.

I also got a sponsorship today from Blue Planet Nutrients.

It's city water.

2. #22 smokin5280, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You went full strength today? Better dilute that shit down our you are probably gonna get some nute burn.

Remember this shit is suuuuuper concentrated. Whats your ppm right now?

Are you using organic additives in your water? Could be the foam and brown ring.

Also, what kind of water are you using and what is the ppm?

Last thing...explain what kind of sponsorship is given to a first time grower by a nutrient company to grow a controlled substance?!

3. #23 n3rds3ks, Aug 19, 2011
    idk dude it is some kind of thing from 420magazine. dude said he would send me the nutrients to finish the grow if I kept a grow journal. And if I mentioned that I'm using his nutrients in the thread title.

4. #24 smokin5280, Aug 19, 2011
    Cool man! Free shit is free shit!

With full strength nutes you should have a high ppm...it's total dissovled solids (TDS) measured in parts per million (ppm). You need to know this so you know how much your plants are eating and so you dont burn them.

You also wanna know the ppm of the water you were starting with to have a baseline to start with.

5. #25 n3rds3ks, Aug 19, 2011
    I will check right now
    [​IMG]

6. #26 smokin5280, Aug 19, 2011
    Those strips don't measure ph down to where you want it in the 5.8 range. Digital meter is what u want.

7. wanna sponsor me? :D

8. #28 smokin5280, Aug 19, 2011
    Lol, no. I already sponsor my dealer till I get a good crop in.

BTW, check out my journal in the grow journal section under hydroponic journals if you have a chance :)

9. maybe I should be in there lol. I will check it out!